Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » New launch shortcut - org.eclipse.debug.ui.ILaunchShortcut2 class not found
New launch shortcut - org.eclipse.debug.ui.ILaunchShortcut2 class not found [message #726264] Sat, 17 September 2011 00:09 Go to next message
Vidya Chandrasekaran is currently offline Vidya ChandrasekaranFriend
Hi,

I am implementing a plugin that adds a new launch configuration/shortcut for WTP based projects. I have a class that implements the org.eclipse.debug.ui.ILaunchShortcut2 interface. The launch shortcut shows up when I right click the project but on execution throws up a
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.debug.ui.ILaunchShortcut" error. On a similar note, I get a ClassNotFoundException on org.eclipse.debug.ui.AbstractLaunchConfigurationTabGroup too.

I am testing the plugin on ganymede (3.4.0 - build I20080617-2000). Interestingly, the launcher works fine when I run/debug my application in a local runtime workbench. The MANIFEST file does contain a dependency on the org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui package. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: New launch shortcut - org.eclipse.debug.ui.ILaunchShortcut2 class not found [message #728756 is a reply to message #726264] Fri, 23 September 2011 20:48 Go to previous message
Vidya Chandrasekaran is currently offline Vidya ChandrasekaranFriend

This turned out to be some sort of caching problem. After restarting eclipse with the -clean command line argument, the problem disappeared.
Previous Topic:WebService method that returns complex type
Next Topic:How do you add Web project to EAR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:34:08 GMT 2024