Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse "Platform" download for Indigo
Eclipse "Platform" download for Indigo [message #726129] Fri, 16 September 2011 16:18 Go to next message
Douglas  is currently offline Douglas Friend
I encountered this issue with CDT
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=344009#attach_200327

The fix is in 8.0.1 which I tried to download and install using the Available Site method in Eclipse. It didn't work because I had an older version of Eclipse.

So I went to the Eclipse download site to get Indigo, but there are no "Platform" or "Platform SDK" downloads, so I picked the C/C++ one.

This time I was unable to install the SR1 version of CDT because it conflicts with some EEP package or another. What I guessed was that the C/C++ "feature" is a package deal that can only be upgraded all at once. This is not possible right now as 8.0.1 is not in a feature package.

My older version of Eclipse (3.5) was a "Platform SDK" download which means that it has no features or package deals, but I since I can find no equivalent on the Indigo download page, I downloaded the "for Testers" version. I correctly figured that it would have no CDT plugins, and sure enough I was able to install the SR1 version of CDT in it.

While this does solve the problem for the moment, I'd still like to know how to get a "clean" version of Eclipse that doesn't contain these feature package deals.
Re: Eclipse "Platform" download for Indigo [message #726132 is a reply to message #726129] Fri, 16 September 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
CDT 8.0.1 isn't release yet. Once it is, you'll be able to simply "Check for Updates" and get it. Should be end of next week I believe.
Re: Eclipse "Platform" download for Indigo [message #726133 is a reply to message #726132] Fri, 16 September 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Doug, that is good to know, however I still want to know where to get a "featureless version" of Eclipse 3.7. I'm only using Eclipse on this build machine for cross compiling a specific project targeting a specific environment. I'd like to keep it clean and flexible (package deals are neither).
Re: Eclipse "Platform" download for Indigo [message #726184 is a reply to message #726133] Fri, 16 September 2011 18:22 Go to previous message
I asked in the newcomers forum and got the answer:
www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/726183/#msg_726183
Previous Topic:No Syntax Highlighting or Coding Help
Next Topic:Re-appearing sub-projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:47:25 GMT 2024