Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Asymetric behavior in branch and merge?
Asymetric behavior in branch and merge? [message #726059] Fri, 16 September 2011 13:40 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I can make a branch in 1 step, but how to I merge in 1 step?

A framework I'm developing consists of multiple projects. This has lead to the following repository layout:

framework
+ trunk
|   + pr1
|   + pr2
|   + pr3
+ branches
|   + bug27
|      + pr1
|      + pr2
|      + pr3

I create a branch by opening the svn repository viewer, rightclick the trunk and then select "new branch". So with 1 action, i branch 3 projects. Then I create a new workspace and checkout the branch by opening the repository browser, right click the corresponding branch and select "check out as...". By choosing "Find projects in the children of the selected resource" I end up with checking out the involved projects from the branch.

When it comes to merging the branch in the trunk, I create a workspace in the same way I created the one for the branch. So I end up with multiple projects in the root of my workspace. I can select each project individually and merge it with the corresponding one from the branch. However, is there a way of merging all involved projects in the branch with the ones in the workspace? Is there a way of merging the workspace with the trunk (i.s.o. individual workspace projects)?

Greetings,
Wilbert

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2011 13:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Asymetric behavior in branch and merge? [message #735486 is a reply to message #726059] Wed, 12 October 2011 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olly2 Mising name is currently offline olly2 Mising nameFriend
Hallo Wilbert,
actually I do not checkout branches, usually I switch to them ...

If you want to do the same allways repeating operations on several projects can you think of using some kind of scripting? SVN Command line, ANT or something?

regards,
Olly
Re: Asymetric behavior in branch and merge? [message #789657 is a reply to message #735486] Fri, 03 February 2012 08:35 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi Olly2,

Interesting point of view. I could do that but then I had to perform that action for every (relevant) project in my workspace. Possible but not a one click solution. Thanks anyway (as your tip saves me from creating a new workspace for each branch)!

Groeten,
Wilbert.

Previous Topic:Team -> Share Project is not working for some projects
Next Topic:svn compare vs svn sync ... and diffj
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:06:33 GMT 2024