Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Would like to contribute my fix to the open source DTP plugins(Showing the datatypes properly for Oracle/SQLServer, etc)
Would like to contribute my fix to the open source DTP plugins [message #725042] Tue, 13 September 2011 19:09 Go to next message
Swati Sapar is currently offline Swati SaparFriend
With reference to my Post in July 2011,
DTP - Unable to identify some datatypes [message #693142]
(I am using the DTP Framework with Eclipse 3.5.2
I can connect to various databases including MySql , Oracle,
Sql Server etc. However some of the columns do not show proper datatypes.
E.g for Oracle the NCLOB datatype column shows blank as shown in attached screenshot.

Similarly if I access the table from Java code and try to get the datatype using ColumnImpl.getDatatype() function, then the datatype is returned as null for some specific datatypes(NCLOB in Oracle,NVARCHAR2() in Oracle,etc )

Is this DTP limitation or am I missing something ? )

I was able to fix the issue by modifying the .xmi files from plugins below :

org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.msft.sqlserver.dbdefinition_1.0.0.v200906161800
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oracle.dbdefinition_1.0.100.v200906161800
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.sqlite.dbdefinition_1.0.1.v201002041110

I would like to contribute these changes to upcoming DTP versions. Please suggest the right way to do so.

Also we are still facing issues with the way SQLite enablement plugin is designed. It seems to work for only 4 basic SQLite datatypes. Is someone working on extending this functionality?

Re: Would like to contribute my fix to the open source DTP plugins [message #725342 is a reply to message #725042] Wed, 14 September 2011 14:50 Go to previous message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Hi Swati,

We'd love the help in Enablement. Right now we simply don't have the manpower/committers to get things done in a timeline manner. I'm the team lead for Enablement and have had zero time to get anything done in the last year.

As far as SQLite goes, we'd love to see someone extend that functionality. What I threw together a few years ago was basic at best, but will hopefully provide enough for someone else to pick it up and run with it.

Do you have the time (and company backing) to become a committer on Enablement?

--Fitz
Previous Topic:jar files for accessing existing connection profile
Next Topic:connecting to a MS Access (mdb) database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:34:46 GMT 2024