|Eclipse Release Engineer [message #724922]
||Tue, 13 September 2011 13:56
|| Denis Roy
Registered: October 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Eclipse Foundation is looking for a Release Engineer for a full-time opportunity located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the release engineering activities for our long-term support initiative, which involves creating and maintaining a release engineering environment for participating Eclipse open source projects.|
* Designs, implements and executes a cohesive and (consistent) release engineering environment using open source tools.
* Leads Eclipse project teams in identifying, documenting, and implementing release engineering best practices.
* Leads Eclipse project teams in the training, use and support of the Build and Release system.
* Provides configuration management input and guidance.
* Manages and monitors the continuous integration system, build systems and Maven repositories.
QUALIFICATIONS / Education:
* University degree or technical diploma in an IT-related discipline.
Specific Tools and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience building and releasing Java-based software.
* Expert knowledge and experience with Java-centric build tools (Maven, Ant).
* Expert knowledge and experience with continuous integration tools (Hudson) and plug-ins.
* Experience with source code management tools such as CVS, SVN and Git.
* Experience with Linux in an administrative capacity.
* Proven ability to design and implement a release engineering environment.
* Proficiency using Eclipse-based IDEs.
* Familiarity with Java development practices, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
* Familiarity with testing/automated testing tools (e.g. JUnit).
* Familiarity with Tycho, PHP, and OSGi are considered assets.
* Ability to prepare complete, concise, and understandable technical documentation.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
Please send your CV to emo at eclipse dot org
Eclipse Webmaster -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.06067 seconds