Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't get "Fold empty packages" to work
Can't get "Fold empty packages" to work [message #722773] Tue, 06 September 2011 17:04 Go to next message
Cory Burkhardt is currently offline Cory BurkhardtFriend
So I have package explorer set to hierarchical view and checked the "Fold empty packages..." option in the Java/Appearance preferences. However, the thing isn't folding the packages at all. I still end up with

- net
--- myco
----- MyFirstClass.java
----- MySecondClass.java

instead of
- net.myco
--- MyFirstClass.java
--- MySecondClass.java

In my project, the only thing in the folder corresponding to 'net' above, aside from the myco folder, is a .svn folder. However, this is not visible in package explorer. I tried messing a little with the filters, and I also tried adding exclusion patterns in the build path to screen out the .svn folders, but it didn't help.

Interestingly though, I have another project which looks like is configured the same way, but the folding is working fine.

Anybody have suggestions?
Re: Can't get "Fold empty packages" to work [message #722892 is a reply to message #722773] Wed, 07 September 2011 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Your problem is probably similar to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=214823
Re: Can't get "Fold empty packages" to work [message #722901 is a reply to message #722892] Wed, 07 September 2011 06:26 Go to previous message
Cory Burkhardt is currently offline Cory BurkhardtFriend
Yes it is, especially the comment:

"Most obvious to me when working with subversion and filtering the .svn
directories"

I wonder why it works in my other project. It is also under SVN version control.

Thanks for the info.
Previous Topic:ElementChangedEvents on compilation unit primary copy
Next Topic:the port type specified for the basicHttpEndpoint binding is undefined
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:09:50 GMT 2024