Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Preventing double bundle start when developing plan in Eclipse tooling
Preventing double bundle start when developing plan in Eclipse tooling [message #722585] Tue, 06 September 2011 09:30 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
Sorry for so many questions, still trying to figure things out Embarrassed

According to Programmer Guide 4.3,
Quote:

Plans always get their dependencies from the VTS repository.

So if I place my plan into /pickup or deploy it into /stage from tooling, but don't add bundles to server in tooling, they aren't added to /stage, the plan can't find them and doesn't start. This is expected. However, if I do add bundles to server, they are deployed to /stage and there are two attempts to start them: from plan and from stage. How can I prevent this?

One obvious solution is to export bundles after every change and place them in /repository/usr. But this both increases turnaround time a lot and runs into my MANIFEST.MF export problem.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2011 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preventing double bundle start when developing plan in Eclipse tooling [message #722655 is a reply to message #722585] Tue, 06 September 2011 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

You should not manually place the bundles in /stage, you should not be using it yourself at all. If you place the bundles in one of the repositories you will get the behaviour you are after. /repository/ext or /repository/usr. I believe if the tooling is set up right it will actually do this for you as well but I don't remember the details. I think it needs to know that projects in the workspace are a part of the plan your deploying.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Preventing double bundle start when developing plan in Eclipse tooling [message #722667 is a reply to message #722655] Tue, 06 September 2011 13:01 Go to previous message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
> You should not manually place the bundles in /stage, you should not be using it yourself at all.

Yes, I already know that. All mentions of /stage above are about tooling.

> If you place the bundles in one of the repositories you will get the behaviour you are after.

But placing them manually is a problem.

> I believe if the tooling is set up right it will actually do this for you as well but I don't remember the details. I think it needs to know that projects in the workspace are a part of the plan your deploying.

That seems to be precisely what I want, but I can't find a way to tell it Sad
Previous Topic:Failure invoking bundle.loadClass(String clazz) in version M06 and higher
Next Topic:Corrupt bean cache? Autowiring fails.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:49:50 GMT 2024