Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Add custom component extensions
Add custom component extensions [message #722291] Mon, 05 September 2011 09:18 Go to next message
Siva Nookala is currently offline Siva NookalaFriend
Hello All,

I am trying to implement few extensions for the custom components we use. I was trying the deploy the example extension from org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.rc and org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.toolkit for the org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Group widget.

I did the following steps.

1. Compiled the org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.toolkit using eclipse and exported the plugin to InstallationDir\jubula\plugins. And I can see the jar file org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.toolkit_1.0.0.201109051330.jar after the export.

2. Then I compiled the project org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.rc and placed it under the implClasses in the server directory so that the final path is InstallationDir\server\lib\extImplClasses\org\eclipse\jubula\rc\swt\implclasses\GroupImplClass.class

I have restarted the aut agent and the jubula application after doing this. But the Group widget is not recognized.

It gives me class not found exception in the aut_agent.log as below. I tried various ways to set the class path, but everything failed.

2011-09-05 14:29:19.828 [main] ERROR o.e.j.r.c.AUTServerConfiguration - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.implclasses.GroupImplClass

Can you please tell me what am I missing here?

Re: Add custom component extensions [message #722361 is a reply to message #722291] Mon, 05 September 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

This is one of those topics that, due to its very individual nature, can't be suitably answered in the forum by the Jubula team.

Things that are specific to a task, extension, environment or AUT usually require more information from your side, and analysis from our side.

Maybe another forum user has encountered and solved the same problem and can help you, but if you'd like the Jubula team to take a look at it for you, then get in touch.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Add custom component extensions [message #722522 is a reply to message #722361] Tue, 06 September 2011 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex for your response. I will investigate further and get back to you.
Re: Add custom component extensions [message #723815 is a reply to message #722522] Fri, 09 September 2011 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Martin is currently offline Victor MartinFriend
Siva, I'm curious as to whether you finally got the rcp example extension (Group widget) to work.

Regards
Victor.
Re: Add custom component extensions [message #723952 is a reply to message #723815] Sat, 10 September 2011 02:03 Go to previous message
Yes Victor, I tried various options. The one which worked was to place the jar directly under plugins/org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_5.1.00156 in your AUT and add the path of the jar in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Previous Topic:Cannot map canvas
Next Topic:Generate Random Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:56:30 GMT 2024