Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » B3 » [b3 0.2.0] "Registry Directory not available..."
[b3 0.2.0] "Registry Directory not available..." [message #721245] Thu, 01 September 2011 04:42 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ralf Zozmann

Hi,

just after updating from 0.1 to 0.2 i cannot longer build any
aggregation site from a given *.b3aggr file. I replaced the old
'aggreate' command by 'validationSet' and leave all other options
untouched. My headless command to start b3 is:

<eclipse.launch app="b3" failonerror="true">
<args>
<arg value="-data" />
<arg value="${basedir}/.tmpWS" />
<arg value="-application" />
<arg value="org.eclipse.b3.cli.headless" />
<arg value="validationSet" />
<arg value="--buildModel" />
<arg value="@{b3file}" />
<arg value="--action" />
<arg value="CLEAN_BUILD" />
<arg value="--buildRoot" />
<arg value="${basedir}/_b3mirror" />
</args>
</eclipse.launch>

I got the message:
Build failed! Exception was java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry
Directory not available: <my
path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.

The directory .../_b3mirror is not existing, but created while executing
of command. The stacktrace is:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry Directory not available: <my
path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.restore(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:419)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfileMap(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:277)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfiles(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:259)
at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1613)
at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1688)
at org.eclipse.b3.cli.AbstractCommand.run(AbstractCommand.java:133)
at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.run(Headless.java:161)
at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.start(Headless.java:197)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

Any hints?

Regards
Ralf
Re: [b3 0.2.0] &quot;Registry Directory not available...&quot; [message #721266 is a reply to message #721245] Thu, 01 September 2011 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ralf Zozmann

Ok, looking into the buglist i found
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=354321. Changing my option
CLEAN_BUILD into BUILD does it. Now i have another problem...



On 09/01/2011 10:42 AM, Ralf Zozmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just after updating from 0.1 to 0.2 i cannot longer build any
> aggregation site from a given *.b3aggr file. I replaced the old
> 'aggreate' command by 'validationSet' and leave all other options
> untouched. My headless command to start b3 is:
>
> <eclipse.launch app="b3" failonerror="true">
> <args>
> <arg value="-data" />
> <arg value="${basedir}/.tmpWS" />
> <arg value="-application" />
> <arg value="org.eclipse.b3.cli.headless" />
> <arg value="validationSet" />
> <arg value="--buildModel" />
> <arg value="@{b3file}" />
> <arg value="--action" />
> <arg value="CLEAN_BUILD" />
> <arg value="--buildRoot" />
> <arg value="${basedir}/_b3mirror" />
> </args>
> </eclipse.launch>
>
> I got the message:
> Build failed! Exception was java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry
> Directory not available: <my
> path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.
>
> The directory .../_b3mirror is not existing, but created while executing
> of command. The stacktrace is:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry Directory not available: <my
> path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.restore(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:419)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfileMap(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:277)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfiles(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:259)
> at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1613)
> at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1688)
> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.AbstractCommand.run(AbstractCommand.java:133)
> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.run(Headless.java:161)
> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.start(Headless.java:197)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
>
> Any hints?
>
> Regards
> Ralf
Re: [b3 0.2.0] &quot;Registry Directory not available...&quot; [message #721297 is a reply to message #721266] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You seem to be using an old version. The current version on our update sites:

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/b3/headless-3.7
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/b3/updates-3.7

has no 'validationSet' command and bug 354321 is fixed. Our update sites were updated on August 18.

- thomas


On 2011-09-01 11:38, Ralf Zozmann wrote:
> Ok, looking into the buglist i found
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=354321. Changing my option
> CLEAN_BUILD into BUILD does it. Now i have another problem...
>
>
>
> On 09/01/2011 10:42 AM, Ralf Zozmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just after updating from 0.1 to 0.2 i cannot longer build any
>> aggregation site from a given *.b3aggr file. I replaced the old
>> 'aggreate' command by 'validationSet' and leave all other options
>> untouched. My headless command to start b3 is:
>>
>> <eclipse.launch app="b3" failonerror="true">
>> <args>
>> <arg value="-data" />
>> <arg value="${basedir}/.tmpWS" />
>> <arg value="-application" />
>> <arg value="org.eclipse.b3.cli.headless" />
>> <arg value="validationSet" />
>> <arg value="--buildModel" />
>> <arg value="@{b3file}" />
>> <arg value="--action" />
>> <arg value="CLEAN_BUILD" />
>> <arg value="--buildRoot" />
>> <arg value="${basedir}/_b3mirror" />
>> </args>
>> </eclipse.launch>
>>
>> I got the message:
>> Build failed! Exception was java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry
>> Directory not available:<my
>> path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.
>>
>> The directory .../_b3mirror is not existing, but created while executing
>> of command. The stacktrace is:
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Registry Directory not available:<my
>> path>/_b3mirror/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry.
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.restore(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:419)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfileMap(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:277)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfiles(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:259)
>> at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1613)
>> at org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.engine.Builder.run(Builder.java:1688)
>> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.AbstractCommand.run(AbstractCommand.java:133)
>> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.run(Headless.java:161)
>> at org.eclipse.b3.cli.Headless.start(Headless.java:197)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
>>
>> Any hints?
>>
>> Regards
>> Ralf
>
Re: [b3 0.2.0] &quot;Registry Directory not available...&quot; [message #721299 is a reply to message #721297] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ralf Zozmann

On 09/01/2011 01:32 PM, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> You seem to be using an old version. The current version on our update
> sites:
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/b3/headless-3.7
> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/b3/updates-3.7
>
> has no 'validationSet' command and bug 354321 is fixed. Our update sites
> were updated on August 18.
>

I have the requirement to setup a b3 headless aggregator with only local
artefacts, meaning i need a update site as zip archive. Using the
existing update sites i had have to built my own archive, what i didn't
like.

Looking to find a workaround for
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=354248 (see my other
posting for "Unable to load repository...") i have found an more actual
archive (org.eclipse.b3.site.eclipse.headless_0.2.0.v20110818-1257.zip)
solving my problems.

Thanks
Ralf
Previous Topic:[b2 0.2.0] &quot;Unable to load repository...&quot;
Next Topic:CCE when running demo build
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 04:02:47 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02052 seconds