Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Context sensitive help flashes no topic found, then finds topic(Several problems that look like bugs)
Context sensitive help flashes no topic found, then finds topic [message #720449] Tue, 30 August 2011 15:41
Ruth Stento is currently offline Ruth StentoFriend
Our product just upgraded to Eclipse Version: 3.6.0.v20100602-9gF78GpqFt6trOGhL60z0oEx3fz-JKNwxPY
Build id: I20100608-0911

The help system base is:
Version: 1.2.0.v20100427-7e7jEKFEx2XlnZinYPtgz03
Build id: I20100608-0911

The most annoying thing is happening with context-sensitive help that worked fine when we were using an earlier version of Eclipse. It only seems to be occurring with context IDs where we are supplying content to eclipse views and editors. For the main editor window, for example, this is how I supply help:

1) The plugin.xml file ties my ui_contexts.xml file to org.eclipse.ui, note line 3 in the contexts extension point:
<extension point="org.eclipse.help.contexts">
<contexts file="contexts.xml" plugin="com.progress.dataxtend.si.help" />
<contexts file="ui_contexts.xml" plugin="org.eclipse.ui" />
<contexts file="navigator_contexts.xml" plugin="org.eclipse.ui.navigator" />
<contexts file="compare_contexts.xml" plugin="org.eclipse.compare" />
</extension>

2) My ui_contexts.xml file contains the following two links that should be shown for F1 help:

<context id="workbench_window_context">
<description>Exchange Model Editor</description>
<topic label="Exchange Model Editor" href="/com.progress.dataxtend.si.help/GettingStarted/WorkbenchTour.09.05.html" />
<topic label="Importing and exporting schemas and models" href="/com.progress.dataxtend.si.help/Using/importing.html" />
</context>

3) The problem is that when you press F1, the links do show up, but when you follow a link, I get two buggy behaviors:

A) For the first link, the content flashes in the help window, then, the message about a topic not being found appears.

B) For the second link, the opposite happens, first a message flashes about the topic not being found, then the help displays correctly.

I've attached two screen shots that illustrate problem B. I pressed nothing between the shots:
index.php/fa/3817/0/

index.php/fa/3818/0/
  • Attachment: ImageA.gif
    (Size: 77.57KB, Downloaded 1208 times)
  • Attachment: Image1.gif
    (Size: 77.78KB, Downloaded 1248 times)
Previous Topic:Embedding Images into Cheat Sheets
Next Topic:Error Message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:32:19 GMT 2024