Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How can I get more information about why a pull failed
How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720129] Tue, 30 August 2011 00:12 Go to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
I'm working on the repository git.eclipse.org/platform/eclipse.platform.ua.git as a committer and have started to get an authentication error when I perform a pull or synchronize. I can clone repositories without error but if I close a repository and import the projects into a new workspace the pull or synchronize will still fail. I did not get asked for a password, it just failed.

Two things I did today which may or may not be related are updating EGit from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly/ and changing my committer password. Since doing these two things I can clone repositories but not do anything else that requires ssh connection to the server.

Here is the log from when I try to synchronize the workspace

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: ssh://cgoldthor@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.ua.git: Auth fail
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:138)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.SshTransport.getSession(SshTransport.java:121)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshFetchConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:248)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openFetch(TransportGitSsh.java:147)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.executeImp(FetchProcess.java:127)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.execute(FetchProcess.java:113)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.fetch(Transport.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.FetchCommand.call(FetchCommand.java:136)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.FetchOperation.run(FetchOperation.java:128)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.fetch.FetchOperationUI.execute(FetchOperationUI.java:99)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.synchronize.SynchronizeFetchJob.run(SynchronizeFetchJob.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:461)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:128)
... 11 more

I have another machine from which I can still access the repository with no problems.
Re: How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720406 is a reply to message #720129] Tue, 30 August 2011 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Have you checked the SSH2 home setting in the preferences of the new workspace (General->Network Connections->SSH2)?

The default in eclipse is %HOME%/ssh, but normally the path is %HOME%/.ssh.

Stefan
Re: How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720423 is a reply to message #720406] Tue, 30 August 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay wrote on Tue, 30 August 2011 10:21
Have you checked the SSH2 home setting in the preferences of the new workspace (General->Network Connections->SSH2)?

The default in eclipse is %HOME%/ssh, but normally the path is %HOME%/.ssh.

Stefan

I tried that but it didn't change anything. I was able to access the repository with no problem up until yesterday.
Re: How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720477 is a reply to message #720423] Tue, 30 August 2011 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have things working again. I had to go to the Eclipse preference General/Security/Secure Storage and in the contents tab clear the entries under GIT. It seems that EGit should handle this situation better.
Re: How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720489 is a reply to message #720477] Tue, 30 August 2011 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I filed https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356233
Re: How can I get more information about why a pull failed [message #720745 is a reply to message #720489] Wed, 31 August 2011 07:36 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
You can already change or clear credentials in the context menu of the push or fetch specification in the Repositories Browser.

But I agree, the error handling has to be improved.

Stefan
Previous Topic:CRLF for Windows files
Next Topic:Is there a way to push a tag in EGit?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:43:07 GMT 2024