Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Procedure for creating a node programmaticlally
Procedure for creating a node programmaticlally [message #719788] Mon, 29 August 2011 02:42 Go to next message
pavithra Missing name is currently offline pavithra Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I have the following requirement.

When the user press a toolbar button, i need to insert a new node (represented by a rectangle) to the canvas.

I'm planning to develop a customization plugin to achieve this task.

What is the procedure to programmatically create a new node?

Thanks in advance!!
Re: Procedure for creating a node programmaticlally [message #719815 is a reply to message #719788] Mon, 29 August 2011 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

is this what you want to do? http://wiki.eclipse.org/Graphical_Modeling_Framework/Tutorial/Part_3#Creating_a_Customization_Plug-in

Ralph
Re: Procedure for creating a node programmaticlally [message #720293 is a reply to message #719815] Tue, 30 August 2011 10:29 Go to previous message
Lucian Apetre is currently offline Lucian ApetreFriend
Hi,
In the plugin, if you create elements in the palette, the user of the plugin can drag and drop those elements.
If I understood well, you want the user to press a button and create an element on the canvas(not drag/drop the element)?!
To do this more simple, you can create a button with the action of editing the XML that represents the canvas. You can verify what happens with the canvas when an element is added(drag/drop) and create a simple action in that button that will edit the canvas(XML).
Hope that helped.
Previous Topic:(no subject)
Next Topic:How to populate a member class with a specific type?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:43:21 GMT 2024