Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sequoyah » Translator services(Can't find instructions for setting up translator services)
Translator services [message #719593] Sun, 28 August 2011 02:27 Go to next message
Ronnie  is currently offline Ronnie Friend
Help!!! I'm missing something. I have Eclipse Indigo installed, and the Sequoyah editor. When I open my strings.xml file, the Sequoyah editor comes up. But when I click a cell and select translate cell(s), there's no translator services listed. I can't find any instructions on how to add any. Can anyone help?

See screen shot here;
picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9CWWIeGcZop4bATEf-woALkMPGo5_PBZ7f8A_nZYPns?feat=directlink

Ronnie
Re: Translator services [message #724969 is a reply to message #719593] Tue, 13 September 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronnie  is currently offline Ronnie Friend
No help from anyone?
Re: Translator services [message #780630 is a reply to message #719593] Wed, 18 January 2012 20:12 Go to previous message
Julia Perdigueiro is currently offline Julia PerdigueiroFriend
I tried to post the link to a post similar to this on StackOverflow but the forum won't let me, so here goes the answer I posted there:

The only implementation I know is the one that comes with MOTODEV Studio for Android, using Google Translate API v2. Unfortunately, this is a paid service and requires you have a key for accessing the API, which you have to get from Google services.

The addition of new translators, though, is quite simple to do through Sequoyah. It consists of implementing one of their extension points (org.eclipse.sequoyah.localization.tools.translator) by providing a class that contains some methods that receive lists of strings to translate, do the actual translation by using a translating service of your choice, and return the results. Once you get your Eclipse running with this, you'll see it show up on the drop down list for choosing the translator service Smile

Hope it helps!
Previous Topic:Sequoyah with NDK on ArchLinux can't find std::String
Next Topic:Invalid NDK path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 09:17:43 GMT 2024