Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Problem with agent controller
Problem with agent controller [message #76501] Thu, 06 July 2006 09:58 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: powerkleszcz.o2.pl

When i start an Agent Controller everything semes to bo ok. But in logs:


<CommonBaseEvent creationTime="2006-07-06T09:53:29.230810Z"
globalInstanceId="A4ACDD99000385851CFAFDAD3D0DFD25" msg="Unable to load
transport layer: tptpACTL libtptpACTL.so&#xA;" severity="50"
version="1.0.1">
<sourceComponentId component="AgentController"
componentIdType="TPTPComponent" executionEnvironment="ConnectionManager.c,
line 190" instanceId="2" location="localhost" locationType="IPV4"
processId="11828" subComponent="Connection Manager" threadId="11828"
componentType="Eclipse_TPTP"/>

I can't connect with him. Why can't he load this lib? What can be wrong?
This libs was copied to /usr/lib. Is enything missing??

I have Agent controller 4.2.0.0 and ubuntu 6.06?
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #76601 is a reply to message #76501] Thu, 06 July 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Randy D. Smith is currently offline Randy D. SmithFriend
Messages: 394
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Przemyslaw Kleszczewski wrote:
> When i start an Agent Controller everything semes to bo ok. But in logs:
>
>
> <CommonBaseEvent creationTime="2006-07-06T09:53:29.230810Z"
> globalInstanceId="A4ACDD99000385851CFAFDAD3D0DFD25" msg="Unable to load
> transport layer: tptpACTL libtptpACTL.so&#xA;" severity="50"
> version="1.0.1">
> <sourceComponentId component="AgentController"
> componentIdType="TPTPComponent" executionEnvironment="ConnectionManager.c,
> line 190" instanceId="2" location="localhost" locationType="IPV4"
> processId="11828" subComponent="Connection Manager" threadId="11828"
> componentType="Eclipse_TPTP"/>
>
> I can't connect with him. Why can't he load this lib? What can be wrong?
> This libs was copied to /usr/lib. Is enything missing??
>
> I have Agent controller 4.2.0.0 and ubuntu 6.06?

The libs should not have to be copied anywhere... instead you should add
the <ac_install_dir>/lib path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Was this the only library that failed to load? If so... very strange...
I'd expect to see *all* the libs fail if one failed.

When we've seen this before, it's often been due to existing shared
memory segments preventing the creation of the new one, or the named
pipe being already taken. Can you try "ipcs -m" and see if there are a
lot of shared memory segments showing? If you've got a lot of those (and
they're yours...) you might try "for i in `ipcs -m | cut -f 2 -d" "`; do
ipcrm shm $i; done" to remove them and try again. If you don't have
shared memory used up, go check /tmp/IBMRAC and see if you have some
named pipes tied up.

Here's the really curious part of the above to me: that "&#xA;" part
after the .so. Strange. Here's the relevant code based on the
"ConnectionManager.c line 190" reference:

#ifdef _WIN32 <== Lines 121-129
strcpy( fullLibName, libName );
#else
sprintf( fullLibName, "lib%s.so", libName );
#endif

dllRef = LOAD_LIBRARY( fullLibName );
if ( dllRef != NULL )
{
....
}
else
{
TPTP_LOG_ERROR_MSG2( cm, "Unable to load transport layer: %s %s\n",
libName, fullLibName ); <== Line 190
}

return -1;

I'm wondering if that "extra" part (the "&#xA;" part) is something in
the LOG=>CBE translation, or if there is something in the Ubuntu
libraries we've not tested against that's giving us some string anomalies...

Can you at least tell me which of the downloads you're using?
Linux-IA32? Or is this a 64-bit platform??

In either case BC (backward compatibilty) is not supported (yet) on
Linux for 4.2 ... and the ACTL is a BC library. You should be able to
edit your <ac_install_dir>/config/serviceconfig.xml file and remove the
BC transport layers (ACTL, CCTL, and I guess the line at the bottom that
has the Peer Monitoring TL reference) and then you might successfully
start the AC. But it will be a "pure new tech AC" ... not a "RAC
compatible, runs all the old agents" agent controller.
--
RDS

Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #76631 is a reply to message #76601] Fri, 07 July 2006 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: powerkleszcz.o2.pl

Thanks it helped.
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #76710 is a reply to message #76631] Fri, 07 July 2006 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Randy D. Smith is currently offline Randy D. SmithFriend
Messages: 394
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Przemyslaw Kleszczewski wrote:
> Thanks it helped.
>

Which part helped? I'm really curious... and it helps document for
others that come along after you what works and what doesn't.

For example, I was going over the situation with a co-worker, Karla
Callaghan, and she recognized the part where I'd said "that '&#xA;' part
after the .so. Strange." ... She mentioned that these strings go through
"translation" ... now I see it... in the code there's a "\n", and that
becomes "hex A" (ASCII 10, or ^J, for newline). Again, I'm just
recording this here so we have a record of it.

I'm glad you've got it working, but I wish you'd document what the
solution turned out to be!

--
RDS

Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #76726 is a reply to message #76601] Mon, 10 July 2006 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: powerkleszcz.o2.pl

I had some shared memory (don't know where from). After removing it the
agent controller start to work normaly. And it newer happened again.

But i have one more problem with agent controller:

1) "File transfer operations are currently disabled in the Agent Controller
Compatibility layer." - is this standard in linux under windows everything
works?

2)"Cannot create JVM" - don't know why. I have good path set to jvm and I
checked everything in serviceconfig.xml

Randy D. Smith wrote:

> When we've seen this before, it's often been due to existing shared
> memory segments preventing the creation of the new one, or the named
> pipe being already taken. Can you try "ipcs -m" and see if there are a
> lot of shared memory segments showing? If you've got a lot of those (and
> they're yours...) you might try "for i in `ipcs -m | cut -f 2 -d" "`; do
> ipcrm shm $i; done" to remove them and try again. If you don't have
> shared memory used up, go check /tmp/IBMRAC and see if you have some
> named pipes tied up.
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #76775 is a reply to message #76726] Mon, 10 July 2006 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Randy D. Smith is currently offline Randy D. SmithFriend
Messages: 394
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Przemyslaw Kleszczewski wrote:
> I had some shared memory (don't know where from). After removing it the
> agent controller start to work normaly. And it newer happened again.
>
> But i have one more problem with agent controller:
>
> 1) "File transfer operations are currently disabled in the Agent Controller
> Compatibility layer." - is this standard in linux under windows everything
> works?
>
> 2)"Cannot create JVM" - don't know why. I have good path set to jvm and I
> checked everything in serviceconfig.xml


Both of these are part of the "backward compatibility" (BC) porting
effort that is complete on Windows but not yet complete on Linux.

The "file transfer agent" referred to is the BC one that the RAC uses, a
file transfer agent built into the agent controller itself written in
Java. It's just not complete yet in Linux until porting is complete. But
you still DO have file transfer capability, as the FileTransferAgent for
the new protocol should be in place and available.

I think the JVM comment is related to the discussion above...

I hope that we'll at least see the BC in place for Linux-IA32 in the
4.2.1 timeframe, with the 64-bit Linuxes in the 4.3 timeframe... but
check the Development Plans for the real scoop on this as the plans are
fleshed out.
--
RDS


--
RDS

Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Re: Problem with agent controller [message #79023 is a reply to message #76775] Wed, 26 July 2006 19:55 Go to previous message
Karla Callaghan is currently offline Karla CallaghanFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Przemyslaw,

In your first post you stated that you had the "Agent controller 4.2.0.0",
but you must have downloaded your Linux package from the "New technology
Agent Controller" section of the download page (since it is looking for the
libtptpACTL.so which is a part of the backwards compatibility layer only
used by the new Agent Controller).

Here is a little more information to help you untangle the use of old and
new APIs when dealing with the new tech AC:

The SetConfig script packaged with the new tech AC currently assumes that
backwards compatibility is desired and it therefore creates entries in
serviceconfig.xml for 2 extra Transport Layers called CCTL and ACTL. If the
Agent Controller sees these when it starts up, it opens an additional port
(among other things). Any communication from a client on the CCTL port is
assumed to be using the old interfaces. The file transfer support provided
in the execution framework API is using the old interface and requires
backwards compatibility (via the CCTL port) - but that work has not been
completed yet for the Linux platform (as Randy stated) so it can't be used
yet as you discovered. A very basic file transfer support is provided for
use through the new API. A client that connects to the Agent Controller
using the socketTL Transport Layer port in serviceconfig.xml is assumed to
be talking the new API, so you'd need to use it in order to access the new
file transfer agent. There is sample code in the new tech AC SDK to
illustrate the use of the new file transfer service.

If you only want to use the new tech AC interfaces (i.e., if you don't have
a client or agent that talks the old interfaces), you can delete the the
CCTL and ACTL transport layer entries from the serviceconfig.xml. Then
those libs won't be loaded and the extra port won't be opened.

If you just want to use the larger set of file transfer services and don't
care which agent controller you are running, then you can download the Linux
version of the old agent controller which is found in the "Agent Controller"
(not "New tech Agent Controller") section of the TPTP download page.

Information about the change in agent controllers is in Decision Guide for
Adopting New Technology Agent Controller .

Regards,
Karla Callaghan

Lead Committer, TPTP Platform/Data Collection and Communications project
Intel Corporation

"Randy D. Smith" <randy.d.smith@intel.com> wrote in message
news:e8ttho$4us$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Przemyslaw Kleszczewski wrote:
>> I had some shared memory (don't know where from). After removing it the
>> agent controller start to work normaly. And it newer happened again.
>>
>> But i have one more problem with agent controller:
>>
>> 1) "File transfer operations are currently disabled in the Agent
>> Controller
>> Compatibility layer." - is this standard in linux under windows
>> everything
>> works?
>>
>> 2)"Cannot create JVM" - don't know why. I have good path set to jvm and I
>> checked everything in serviceconfig.xml
>
>
> Both of these are part of the "backward compatibility" (BC) porting effort
> that is complete on Windows but not yet complete on Linux.
>
> The "file transfer agent" referred to is the BC one that the RAC uses, a
> file transfer agent built into the agent controller itself written in
> Java. It's just not complete yet in Linux until porting is complete. But
> you still DO have file transfer capability, as the FileTransferAgent for
> the new protocol should be in place and available.
>
> I think the JVM comment is related to the discussion above...
>
> I hope that we'll at least see the BC in place for Linux-IA32 in the 4.2.1
> timeframe, with the 64-bit Linuxes in the 4.3 timeframe... but check the
> Development Plans for the real scoop on this as the plans are fleshed out.
> --
> RDS
>
>
> --
> RDS
>
> Randy D. Smith randy (dot) d (dot) smith (at) intel (dot) com
> Eclipse TPTP Committer, Platform Proj (data collection/agent controller)
Previous Topic:How to change Eclipse RAC port number
Next Topic:Agent Controler problem
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 21 16:43:08 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.13666 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software