Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Modern Source Editor Tutorial  () 1 Vote
Modern Source Editor Tutorial [message #718927] Thu, 25 August 2011 15:56 Go to next message
Nathan Levin-Greenhaw is currently offline Nathan Levin-GreenhawFriend
I am looking for modern information (tutorial, examples, structure documentation, APIs) for extending the Structured Source Editor. I have found a few bits of information (from 2005 or 2009) but they are all out-dated.

I have several editors that extend the basic TextEditor class, but I want to use some of the features from SSE. What is the best way to do that? I looked at a few plug-ins that use SSE features, but there is so many classes it is difficult for me to discern the important parts and/or how it all works together.
Re: Modern Source Editor Tutorial [message #724730 is a reply to message #718927] Tue, 13 September 2011 01:22 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

They're not as outdated as you might think, with more recent changes aimed at increasing the granularity at which a contribution applies. Examples include content assist (adding "computers" rather than completely taking over for specified partition types) and semantic highlighting (contributed rather than completely taking over for specified partition types), and other facilities dealing with contributed commands and menu items.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Opening project takes 1-2 minutes with validation OFF
Next Topic:"Map" containing present elements?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:47:09 GMT 2024