Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Creating a multi-file-selection like widget in a wizard
Creating a multi-file-selection like widget in a wizard [message #718629] Wed, 24 August 2011 21:45 Go to next message
Wojtek  is currently offline Wojtek Friend
Hi,

I'm developing my first eclipse plugin, so I'm facing some probably basic problem. I want to have a wiget on a wizard page that will allow user to add multiple file from within a project. I need four buttons:
- Add file
- Remove
- Up and Down form moving selected files among the others (the order is important)

The question is, which widget should I use, and where can I find some simple code which would help me.

Thanks!
Wojtek
Re: Creating a multi-file-selection like widget in a wizard [message #719278 is a reply to message #718629] Fri, 26 August 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
There's not any specific widget that "should" be used for this purpose. It's really about how you want it to look, and your personal preference.

You could have a list viewer displaying all the projects and another list viewer to the right of it displaying
the files within the selected project. You could use GridLayout with three columns. So basically you would have one column displaying the projects in the workspace, another column displaying the files associated with the selected project, and the third column could contain the manipulation buttons.

In the second column you could set the SWT.CHECK style bit, so the user could "check" the files they want from the project. Then add the buttons to manipulate
the "checked" files.

I attached an image of something I threw together really quick:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/evergreenRV/screenshot.png

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2011 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a multi-file-selection like widget in a wizard [message #719895 is a reply to message #719278] Mon, 29 August 2011 11:31 Go to previous message
Wojtek  is currently offline Wojtek Friend
Could you please attach the code you used to achive that look?
Previous Topic:Creating an Eclipse plugin project from code
Next Topic:OutOfMemoryError using 3.7 releng basebuilder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:11:47 GMT 2024