|Diagram editor flow routing issues [message #717695]
||Mon, 22 August 2011 05:50
Registered: August 2011
I'm New to BPMN, and I want to use it to map our development process. The notation seems quit good. When I discovered the Eclipse BPMN Modeler I thought it would be the ideal tool to use. But after getting started I'm experiencing various problems with the diagram editor. These problems are so annoying to the point of making me consider ditching it and just using dia instead.|
The most annoying of my problems is the routing of flows between objects. The editor constantly routes flows in ways that very poor and refuses to let me adjust them, or changes them back next time I move something. Some of the poor routing effects are:
* Terminating flows on the wrong part of an object (eg flow from LHS of object going to the right).
* Flows enter or leave parallel instead of perpendicular to the edge of an object. Flow lines cross unnecessarily.
* Drawing flows over the top of object even when I select "avoid obstruction"
* Poor choice flow termination order leading to crossing of flows or excessive routing.
* When I turn of "closest distance" and "Avoid obstruction", I get a multi-segmented rectilinear line with too many segments that I cannot seem to remove, or have corner that I don't want.
The fact that the editor won't let me route flows manually just make the whole diagram impossible to work with.
These are not the only problems I'm having, but the hardest to work around. It may be that I don't have the correct/compatible versions of the required extensions.
I've tried 3 versions of Eclipse Galileo, Helios, and Indigo. (I've checked for updates)
Is the editor really this bad. Or is there something wrong with my setup.
Windows 7 (32-bit)
Eclipse Modeling Tools
Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110218-0911
Eclipse Modeling Tools 184.108.40.20610615-0550
BPMN Project Feature 220.127.116.11006151053
STP Intermediate Model BPMN Support Feature 18.104.22.168006151053
Any help would be appreciated,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.04748 seconds