Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » multiple editors for packages
multiple editors for packages [message #717083] Fri, 19 August 2011 09:02
hans.peter is currently offline hans.peterFriend
Hello,

I'm new to EMF and GMF and so I started trying around a bit. My goal was it, to develop different metamodels, describing different views on the resulting system. But different elements in one metamodel should be able to reference other metamodel elements.

Looking at EMF I found a way to do so using subpackages. So now I've got one .ecore file, consisting of one root package nothing but two subpackages. Each subpackage describes one system view.

So something like this:
RootPackage
->Subpackage1
->->Metamodel1
->Subpackage2
->->Metamodel2

This works very nice while modelling the metamodels, since the ecorediagrams open new canvas for every subpackage. It also works very nice with the automatically generated EMF editor. There are two different EMF Model Creation wizards (Subpackage1 Model, Subpackage2 Model) and one model can reference objects from the other models by loading them as additional resources. This seems like exactly what I wanted.

But now I get big problems by generating the GMF editor. I don't have any idea how to achieve the same effect or any graphical editor at all. The generated code wants to reference the subpackages as classes and throws errors without ends. It doesn't make any difference which package I choose as root package when generating the gmfmap.

What am I missing here?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Previous Topic:Abstract Class: How to handle links defined at the abstract class level
Next Topic:where to set up sort order for a listcompartment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:01:16 GMT 2024