Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse broken?
Eclipse broken? [message #714678] Thu, 11 August 2011 05:06
Christine  is currently offline Christine
I feel Eclipse is seriously broken. After I upgraded my Ubuntu to 11.04, Eclipse became unstable, to the point that I can't work with it any more. Issues are

- parts of the UI disappear at random
- alt click on an item immediately selects an option, at random, causing "are you sure you want to delete your project" when I only want to refresh.
- svn checkout using the wizard doesn't work: the wizard creates the project but nothing gets checked out and the project is not linked to the svn repository.
- debug buttons sometimes don't work, and sometimes only work once, after which I have to move my mouse pointer out of Eclipse and back in, to click just once more
- some shortcut keys don't work, or sometimes don't work.
- file saving sometimes doesn't work, I can only save files by closing the editor, which gives me a prompt offering me to save the file.

The svn issue makes it impossible to work right now, because I need to check out a project and I can't. This all started right after upgrading to ubuntu 11.04.

please help?

I'm on ubuntu 64bits on a laptop with an i7 intel processor. I use Gnome ("ubuntu classic"), not Unity. In 11.04 I have serious trouble with my nvidia drivers, this may be related to some of the Eclipse issues.
Previous Topic:JOGL(OPENGL) in eclipse view/editor problem in rcp project
Next Topic:hiding launchConfigurations from Debug view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 31 02:30:32 EDT 2014