|Eclipse broken? [message #714678]
||Thu, 11 August 2011 09:06
Registered: July 2009
I feel Eclipse is seriously broken. After I upgraded my Ubuntu to 11.04, Eclipse became unstable, to the point that I can't work with it any more. Issues are |
- parts of the UI disappear at random
- alt click on an item immediately selects an option, at random, causing "are you sure you want to delete your project" when I only want to refresh.
- svn checkout using the wizard doesn't work: the wizard creates the project but nothing gets checked out and the project is not linked to the svn repository.
- debug buttons sometimes don't work, and sometimes only work once, after which I have to move my mouse pointer out of Eclipse and back in, to click just once more
- some shortcut keys don't work, or sometimes don't work.
- file saving sometimes doesn't work, I can only save files by closing the editor, which gives me a prompt offering me to save the file.
The svn issue makes it impossible to work right now, because I need to check out a project and I can't. This all started right after upgrading to ubuntu 11.04.
I'm on ubuntu 64bits on a laptop with an i7 intel processor. I use Gnome ("ubuntu classic"), not Unity. In 11.04 I have serious trouble with my nvidia drivers, this may be related to some of the Eclipse issues.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01392 seconds