Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Chart with daily values and monthly summaries(Need help for a chart with different scaling in the xAxis)
Chart with daily values and monthly summaries [message #705036] Fri, 29 July 2011 10:59
Stephan Schmitt is currently offline Stephan SchmittFriend
I have to create a combination chart with a line for daily values an bars for monthly values as a summary of the daily values once a month.

We need this for displaying benchmark values for a customer. He already had this, but it is made in MS Excel. Now we have to find a solution for BIRT, that shows the same.

I allready tried to place only every 30th value for the bar chart. But if we do so the bar is not looking fine. It is very narrow.

A second idea was to create two different charts (one bar chart and one line chart) and after that laying the line chart over the bar chart with scripting. That solution is very bad because it is real heavy to place the two charts exactly over the other. And many other problems are there, too. For example different scales, different dimensions of the plot-area...

Does anyone know a good solution for my problem? For me it is quiet heavy to solve, becaues the right idea is missing.

thanks for help

Looks like:
index.php/fa/3511/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2011 11:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Word 2000
Next Topic:Regarding Cross tab implementation in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:27:11 GMT 2024