Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found
CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found [message #702786] Tue, 26 July 2011 19:58 Go to next message
Sharon Snyder is currently offline Sharon SnyderFriend

Hi,

I'm trying to show my group the functionality of the CalendarCombo widget and just how it has the features we want for our internal users (since it's in an alpha state, it's a tough sell...so I'm hoping that I can get some quick help here), and found the following issue:

When including a CalendarCombo in an Editor Part...destroy the editor (yes, dispose() is called) then just bringing up the list of perspectives, a break point shows that it's handling the SWT.Deactivate event. Somehow this never got disposed? I even added a specific call to the field I created dispose() method...still calling the same listener. (getDisplay() - from the first line of the listener is the problem).

I don't believe this listener is getting disposed at any time. At least not from what I can tell. I think it belongs in the mComboControl's dispose listener. And of course we need to define a variable for the listener so it can be disposed of properly.

Can someone confirm this? Or let me know where it really does belong?

Thanks,
Sharon
Re: CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found [message #703463 is a reply to message #702786] Wed, 27 July 2011 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have fixed it locally, and would like to know where to submit the changes....

Also, I've noticed some oddities with the ICalendarListener implementation - I get notified on dateChanged when the calendar is being displayed....but not when the date has changed....I get the dateRangeChanged notification at that point!

Also the None button doesn't seem to do anything, today seems broken - as does the scrolling between months. I am willing to look at some of these problems, but since it's on the "mature" list of widgets, I am surprised at the instability I am finding. Has anyone else found or resolved these issues?

Thanks,
Sharon
Re: CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found [message #703477 is a reply to message #703463] Wed, 27 July 2011 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Hi Sharon,

Please file a bugzilla using this URL:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Nebula&component=CalendarCombo
and attach a patch.

Feel free to cc me on the bug because if the maintainer has no time to
take a look I'm going to commit the fix if I'm sure it is not causeing
any problems.

Tom

Am 27.07.11 17:41, schrieb Sharon Snyder:
> I have fixed it locally, and would like to know where to submit the
> changes....
>
> Also, I've noticed some oddities with the ICalendarListener
> implementation - I get notified on dateChanged when the calendar is
> being displayed....but not when the date has changed....I get the
> dateRangeChanged notification at that point!
>
> Also the None button doesn't seem to do anything, today seems broken -
> as does the scrolling between months. I am willing to look at some of
> these problems, but since it's on the "mature" list of widgets, I am
> surprised at the instability I am finding. Has anyone else found or
> resolved these issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Sharon
Re: CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found [message #703553 is a reply to message #703477] Wed, 27 July 2011 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Tom.

I've submitted the bug report and the patch file... https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353234
Re: CalendarCombo - in an editor part - bug found [message #721370 is a reply to message #703553] Thu, 01 September 2011 15:20 Go to previous message

Who do I contact about putting the patch in the bug I submitted into the code base and submitting a new build?

If this simple bug is not fixed, it is truly a showstopper for me. I dispose of the editor window it's used in, and then because the widget doesn't exist anymore, the notification list throws an exception and it messes up my whole application.

Please - who do I contact about getting this patch committed?

Thanks.
Sharon
Previous Topic:Submit a new widget to Nebula project - Full calendar / Planner
Next Topic:CalendarCombo None and Today buttons in wrong place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:01:40 GMT 2024