Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8(Birt report interactive viewer is not working in IE8.)
birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #696099] Wed, 13 July 2011 09:17 Go to next message
radmedur  is currently offline radmedur Friend
Hi

In BIRT report, as you know we have option called "Interactive Viewer". This was working fine in IE7. But in IE8 it is not working.

Anybody have faced the issue?

Thanks
Radhakrishna.
Re: birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #696388 is a reply to message #696099] Wed, 13 July 2011 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Hi Radhakrishna,

What version of Actuate BIRT are you using? IE8 is a supported version of the Interactive Viewer, but it may not work if you're using Actuate 9. If you're using 10 or 11, it should work. Let me know.

Regards,

Michael

BIRT Evangelist on
http://www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #696474 is a reply to message #696388] Thu, 14 July 2011 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michel

Thanks for your input. It seems we are using Actuate 9 only. I found it from some files. Is there any workaround for this?

if not how to upgrade to Actuate 10. Any pointers please?

Thanks
Radhakrishna.
Re: birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #696809 is a reply to message #696474] Thu, 14 July 2011 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

To update to Actuate 10 or 11, you'd need to contact Actuate's sales team and get updated license files for using the newer version and then install the newer version. Can you check which service pack you have with Actuate 9? I believe it went up to SP3. If you don't have that, maybe updating the service pack will make a difference with IE8. I don't know this though. Just something you could check.

Michael

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #698246 is a reply to message #696809] Tue, 19 July 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michel

Today we found strange behaviour with this issue. When we launch application with ip address in IE8, interactive viewer is not working. But when we launch with hostname, interactive viewer is working fine.

I don't know how it is related with interactive viewer.

Any idea?

thanks
Radhakrishna.
Re: birt interactive viewer is not working in IE8 [message #698480 is a reply to message #698246] Tue, 19 July 2011 13:59 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Radhakrishna,

You might want to ask this question in the following forum as well:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/forum/5-ad-hoc-interactive-reporting/

Jason

On 7/19/2011 1:31 AM, radmedur wrote:
> Hi Michel
>
> Today we found strange behaviour with this issue. When we launch
> application with ip address in IE8, interactive viewer is not working.
> But when we launch with hostname, interactive viewer is working fine.
>
> I don't know how it is related with interactive viewer.
>
> Any idea?
>
> thanks
> Radhakrishna.
Previous Topic:Smart PIE Chart
Next Topic:Reusing the query results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:53:46 GMT 2024