Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » How to get terminate/resume button in debug perspective
How to get terminate/resume button in debug perspective [message #695187] Mon, 11 July 2011 08:36 Go to next message
Joanna  is currently offline Joanna Friend
Hi~
I am trying to use SWTBot to test eclipse debug feature, like set breakpoint, terminate/suspend/resume application, i try to get the terminate button as follow:

bot.toolbarButtonInGroup("terminate","threadGroup").click():

but it failed to find widget "terminte" button, i read eclipse source code, it seems UI is added in a group. I am not sure how to locate this button, anyone has ever encountered this before, thanks~
Re: How to get terminate/resume button in debug perspective [message #695617 is a reply to message #695187] Tue, 12 July 2011 07:15 Go to previous message
Joanna  is currently offline Joanna Friend
I found the solution, toolbar buttons like Suspend/Resume/Terminate are sub widgets of debug view, so we need to call toolbar buttons like this way:

SWTBotView view=bot.viewByTitle("Debug");
assertNotNull(view);
view.show();
view.toolbarButton("Suspend").click();

this error happens because i am not familiar with framework of SWTBot and eclipse, hope it can help someone fresh like me~~
Previous Topic:How can I exercise the quick assist feature of Eclipse using SWTBot?
Next Topic:getting started with SWT Bot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:50:09 GMT 2024