Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » BIRT Engine Runtime Error(Tomcat 6)
BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694450] Fri, 08 July 2011 16:06 Go to next message
clkrolik is currently offline clkrolikFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Viewer Version : 2.1.0

Engine Version: 2.1.0

I have been running the above runtime wihtout any issue. Sent the war file to another user whom is running Tomcat 6.0.26. WHen thye try to run a report with report viewer teh follwing error occurs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContect(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ViewerServlet.__getContect(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to solve this issue.

Thanks
Re: BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694463 is a reply to message #694450] Fri, 08 July 2011 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Does the war file just contain the 2.1 viewer? I know with earlier
versions of BIRT there were some issues with Tomcat 6.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=169114&start=0&

Jason

On 7/8/2011 12:06 PM, forums-noreply@eclipse.org wrote:
> Viewer Version : 2.1.0
>
> Engine Version: 2.1.0
>
> I have been running the above runtime wihtout any issue. Sent the war
> file to another user whom is running Tomcat 6.0.26. WHen thye try to run
> a report with report viewer teh follwing error occurs:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(Unknown
> Source)
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContect(Unknown
> Source)
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ViewerServlet.__getContect(Unknown Source)
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(Unknown
> Source)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
>
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks
Re: BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694488 is a reply to message #694463] Fri, 08 July 2011 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clkrolik is currently offline clkrolikFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Thanks. I tried that and did not help. Plus I am not getting a http 404 error. The server is finding the report. It's just failing for some reason.
Re: BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694490 is a reply to message #694488] Fri, 08 July 2011 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Does the war contain anything other than config.ini in the
web-inf/platform/configuration directory?

Jason

On 7/8/2011 1:35 PM, forums-noreply@eclipse.org wrote:
> Thanks. I tried that and did not help. Plus I am not getting a http 404
> error. The server is finding the report. It's just failing for some reason.
Re: BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694503 is a reply to message #694490] Fri, 08 July 2011 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clkrolik is currently offline clkrolikFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Yes, on my system that is working.

Folders
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclispe.osgi
org.eclipse.update

As for the installation that is not working, I am not sure and will have to check, but thye used the same birt.war file I used.

Are you thinking it may be missing these folders?
Re: BIRT Engine Runtime Error [message #694525 is a reply to message #694503] Fri, 08 July 2011 18:58 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Make sure that the initial war contains nothing in that directory except
config.ini.

Jason

On 7/8/2011 1:59 PM, forums-noreply@eclipse.org wrote:
> Yes, on my system that is working.
>
> Folders org.eclipse.core.runtime
> org.eclispe.osgi
> org.eclipse.update
>
> As for the installation that is not working, I am not sure and will have
> to check, but thye used the same birt.war file I used.
>
> Are you thinking it may be missing these folders?
Previous Topic:secondary Y-axis on the right
Next Topic:Accumulations in CrossTabs 2
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 21 17:53:19 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01853 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software