Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Encoding issue with JIRA Connector?
Encoding issue with JIRA Connector? [message #70092] Wed, 01 July 2009 12:41 Go to next message
Andre Costa is currently offline Andre Costa
Messages: 21
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I've just upgraded to Galileo, and I'm experiencing some annoying problem
with Mylyn + JIRA: for historic reasons our codebase uses ISO-8859-1
encoding, but our JIRA uses UTF-8. Whenever I update an issue through
Mylyn, accented chars seem to be sent using the workspace encoding
(ISO-8859-1) instead of the task repository encoding (UTF-8), and this is
of course messing up the issues at JIRA. I've used Mylyn + JIRA with
Ganymede extensively before and had no such problems.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something that has changed with Mylyn
3.2 or with JIRA Connector? Is there any workaround?

Best regards,

Andre
Re: Encoding issue with JIRA Connector? [message #70151 is a reply to message #70092] Thu, 02 July 2009 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steffen Pingel is currently offline Steffen Pingel
Messages: 706
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The JIRA connector attempts to detect the character set automatically. Have
you tried setting the character set manually for the repository? To do that
open the Task Repositories view, right click on the repository and select
Properties. The character set can be changed under Additional Settings.

Please file a bug if that doesn't work for you:
http://eclipse.org/mylyn/support .

Steffen

Andre Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded to Galileo, and I'm experiencing some annoying problem
> with Mylyn + JIRA: for historic reasons our codebase uses ISO-8859-1
> encoding, but our JIRA uses UTF-8. Whenever I update an issue through
> Mylyn, accented chars seem to be sent using the workspace encoding
> (ISO-8859-1) instead of the task repository encoding (UTF-8), and this is
> of course messing up the issues at JIRA. I've used Mylyn + JIRA with
> Ganymede extensively before and had no such problems.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is this something that has changed with Mylyn
> 3.2 or with JIRA Connector? Is there any workaround?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andre

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn
Senior Developer, http://tasktop.com
Re: Encoding issue with JIRA Connector? [message #70400 is a reply to message #70151] Fri, 10 July 2009 14:41 Go to previous message
Andre Costa is currently offline Andre Costa
Messages: 21
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Steffen,

thks for the reply, and sorry for taking so long to comment, I've been
distracted by some other matters.

I've checked and encoding is already set to ISO-8859-1 on "Advanced
Settings" for the JIRA repository I'm using... that's odd.

I'll make some more tests and report back here my findings.

Regards,

Andre
Re: Encoding issue with JIRA Connector? [message #598004 is a reply to message #70092] Thu, 02 July 2009 19:51 Go to previous message
Steffen Pingel is currently offline Steffen Pingel
Messages: 706
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The JIRA connector attempts to detect the character set automatically. Have
you tried setting the character set manually for the repository? To do that
open the Task Repositories view, right click on the repository and select
Properties. The character set can be changed under Additional Settings.

Please file a bug if that doesn't work for you:
http://eclipse.org/mylyn/support .

Steffen

Andre Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded to Galileo, and I'm experiencing some annoying problem
> with Mylyn + JIRA: for historic reasons our codebase uses ISO-8859-1
> encoding, but our JIRA uses UTF-8. Whenever I update an issue through
> Mylyn, accented chars seem to be sent using the workspace encoding
> (ISO-8859-1) instead of the task repository encoding (UTF-8), and this is
> of course messing up the issues at JIRA. I've used Mylyn + JIRA with
> Ganymede extensively before and had no such problems.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is this something that has changed with Mylyn
> 3.2 or with JIRA Connector? Is there any workaround?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andre

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn
Senior Developer, http://tasktop.com
Re: Encoding issue with JIRA Connector? [message #598074 is a reply to message #70151] Fri, 10 July 2009 14:41 Go to previous message
Andre Costa is currently offline Andre Costa
Messages: 21
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Steffen,

thks for the reply, and sorry for taking so long to comment, I've been
distracted by some other matters.

I've checked and encoding is already set to ISO-8859-1 on "Advanced
Settings" for the JIRA repository I'm using... that's odd.

I'll make some more tests and report back here my findings.

Regards,

Andre
Previous Topic:Create Task and Task Context via coding
Next Topic:Generic web template connector + auto-login
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Sep 03 04:38:08 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01944 seconds