Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Custom javadoc
Custom javadoc [message #691375] Fri, 01 July 2011 10:31 Go to next message
Milan Vidakovic is currently offline Milan VidakovicFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Greetings.

I've been extensively modifying jdt.core plugin, including the grammar itself. It has come to a point where I need to be able to present the users with an ability to use javadoc tool. The trouble is that javadoc is an outside tool that is oblivious to the newly introduced grammar changes, and the whole process of generating the documentation fails. Such a thing happens due to the fact that javadoc uses the standard javac compiler instead of the modified grammar inside jdt.core. The question is, can you recommend an open-source javadoc-like plugin for eclipse, and is there even such a thing?

Thank you, good people.
Best,
Milan
Re: Custom javadoc [message #695323 is a reply to message #691375] Mon, 11 July 2011 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 01.07.2011 12:31, Milan Vidakovic wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I've been extensively modifying jdt.core plugin, including the grammar
> itself. It has come to a point where I need to be able to present the
> users with an ability to use javadoc tool. The trouble is that javadoc
> is an outside tool that is oblivious to the newly introduced grammar
> changes, and the whole process of generating the documentation fails.
> Such a thing happens due to the fact that javadoc uses the standard
> javac compiler instead of the modified grammar inside jdt.core. The
> question is, can you recommend an open-source javadoc-like plugin for
> eclipse, and is there even such a thing?
I don't know of any but maybe you can write your own doclet that then
interacts with JDT Core.

Dani
>
> Thank you, good people.
> Best,
> Milan
Re: Custom javadoc [message #695866 is a reply to message #691375] Tue, 12 July 2011 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Vidakovic is currently offline Milan VidakovicFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
>>I don't know of any but maybe you can write your own doclet that then
>>interacts with JDT Core.
>>
>>Dani
Hi Dani,

I thought javadoc doclets only helped with the "look&feel" portion of the javadoc experience. When standard javadoc bumps into a new custom keyword, or an operator overloading feature, it pops-out a compile error. If a simple doclet could make javadoc look past that, it would be a life-saver to me. Could you, please, elaborate on your proposition just a little bit more, so I could start looking into it, since I've been pondering a thought of making a javadoc plugin for eclipse from scratch.

Thank you
Milan
Re: Custom javadoc [message #696033 is a reply to message #695866] Wed, 13 July 2011 06:26 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 12.07.2011 19:10, Milan Vidakovic wrote:
>>> I don't know of any but maybe you can write your own doclet that
>>> then interacts with JDT Core.
>>>
>>> Dani
> Hi Dani,
>
> I thought javadoc doclets only helped with the "look&feel" portion of
> the javadoc experience. When standard javadoc bumps into a new custom
> keyword, or an operator overloading feature, it pops-out a compile
> error. If a simple doclet could make javadoc look past that, it would
> be a life-saver to me. Could you, please, elaborate on your
> proposition just a little bit more,
It was just a hint. I would also have to dig deeper to give more details.

Dani
> so I could start looking into it, since I've been pondering a thought
> of making a javadoc plugin for eclipse from scratch.
>
> Thank you
> Milan
Previous Topic:(no subject)
Next Topic:CompareUIPlugin throws a NullPointerException
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Dec 17 20:07:01 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01732 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software