Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [SOLVED]Imported project not recognized as C/C++
[SOLVED]Imported project not recognized as C/C++ [message #691055] Thu, 30 June 2011 15:57 Go to next message
jody.xha is currently offline jody.xhaFriend
Hi
(sorry for cross posting - i haven't noticed this particular forum)

I have installed the CDT-plugin and successfully managed to import a C++ project into eclipse from CVS.
However, when i right-click on this project and select "Properties", the list only comprises "Resource", "Builders", "CVS", "Project References", and "Run/Debug settings".

A dummy C/C++-project which i created from within Eclipse has some different items in the properties, such as "C/C++ Build" and "C/C++ General".

How can i convince Eclipse that the imported project is indeed a C++ project and deserves these additional properties?

My Eclipse has version 3.5.1 and the CDT Development Tools and Development SDK both have version 6.0.2, and the Development Utilities have version 5.1.0

Thank You
Jody

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2011 09:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Imported project not recognized as C/C++ [message #691279 is a reply to message #691055] Fri, 01 July 2011 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you import an existing Eclipse C/C++project? In this case there must be a file called .cproject in the projects root folder. Eclipse would recognize it automatically.
Otherwise you can change the project type.
In the menu open File->New->Project->C/C++
and select Convert to C/C++ project

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Imported project not recognized as C/C++ [message #691346 is a reply to message #691279] Fri, 01 July 2011 09:18 Go to previous message
jody.xha is currently offline jody.xhaFriend
Hi Axel
Thanks for your reply.
The project was not an existing Eclipse project, but "normal" editor-and-makefile project.

But your suggestion with "Convert to C/C++ Project" worked - thanks!
Previous Topic:Disable pragma warning
Next Topic:Includes not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:00:36 GMT 2024