Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Viewer HTML not working in IE within iframe
Viewer HTML not working in IE within iframe [message #690202] Wed, 29 June 2011 07:08 Go to next message
J D is currently offline J DFriend
I'm running the BIRT Viewer 3.7 in Tomcat. Its output is embedded by a web app within an iframe. This setup works correctly in Firefox 5 and Chrome 12 when displaying HTML reports, as well as embedded PDFs.

In IE 9 however, the rendering of the HTML reports is halted by javascript errors before anything useful is displayed. If I open the same report outside of the iframe in IE, it works nicely.

I also reproduced the problem with a blank HTML page containing just an iframe that points a simple report served as a preview in Eclipse, so this is not related to the webapp or server setup.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Here's what I can see from the IE debugger.

Stack :
First call to BirtReportDocument.initialize()
__neh_resize()
__updateContainerSize()
In AbstractBaseReportDocument.js line 171-174, reportContainer is a text node and therefore has no style attribute.

Skipping past the errors, I get the "Processing, please wait..." box and the POST request that I see happening in Firefox is not sent.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Viewer HTML not working in IE within iframe [message #690356 is a reply to message #690202] Wed, 29 June 2011 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't realize that I should have used /preview, which directly outputs the formatted HTML. The problem I reported above affects /run.
Re: Viewer HTML not working in IE within iframe [message #690454 is a reply to message #690356] Wed, 29 June 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you open a bugzilla entry for this?

Jason

On 6/29/2011 8:26 AM, JD wrote:
> I didn't realize that I should have used /preview, which directly
> outputs the formatted HTML. The problem I reported above affects /run.
Re: Viewer HTML not working in IE within iframe [message #690571 is a reply to message #690454] Wed, 29 June 2011 18:09 Go to previous message
Bug #350736 filed. Thanks.
Previous Topic:ODA data set configuration
Next Topic:BIRT Data Sources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:40:32 GMT 2024