Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Please help me evaluate e4 for my application
Please help me evaluate e4 for my application [message #688005] Thu, 23 June 2011 17:01 Go to next message
Eugene   is currently offline Eugene Friend
Hi,
Actually i have two questions: the first one is when e4 is planned to be released - the rpoject page says that it's "to be released 2010" but i guess it's a bit outdated?

The next and main question if it's possible with e4 to create an editor which would be able to hide or render in a special way parts of a text. For example, raw text:

lalalalaal [tag]zzzz[tag] lalalalala 

should look like

Quote:
lalalalaal zzz lalalala

and right mouse click on darkblue should bring menu with actions specific to a tag. Is it doable with e4 Simple Text-Editor mentioned here? Or is there anything else to so?

Thank you!

Re: Please help me evaluate e4 for my application [message #698434 is a reply to message #688005] Tue, 19 July 2011 13:15 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

As it turns out, e4 is a technology incubation project. It can never "release" Smile

We delivered e4 0.10 in 2010 and we've just published e4 0.11 in June 2011.

e4 doesn't currently include anything extra in the way of text editing. With the compatibility layer you can have the standard 3.x text editing, but you'll pull in a lot of stuff.

PW

Previous Topic:@UIEventTopic parameter?
Next Topic:Information on Menus, Contribution, Handlers, Commands, etc.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:06:23 GMT 2024