Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Indigo unable to connect to marketplace(After upgrade from Helios to Indigo, no longer able to access marketplace)
Indigo unable to connect to marketplace [message #687981] Thu, 23 June 2011 15:41 Go to next message
Michael Giroux is currently offline Michael GirouxFriend
Running on Windows XP SP3.

I have a working install of Helios (SR2) that is able to connect to marketplace to find and install plugins. From this I know that the proxy settings are correct and I am able to pass through the corporate firewall to the http://marketplace.eclipse.org site.

I installed Indigo into a new folder, and use a new workspace via -data parameter. I configured the network proxy settings with the same values used in the Helios install. The Indigo install is unable to connect to marketplace. As a result, I'm not able to install subclipse or other plugins needed for my development.

Looking at wireshark captures, I do not even see an initial http connect to the marketplace.

Checking the preferences, I see that both installs are sharing the secure storage in my user documents. Is there a compatibility issue with Helios and Indigo with the secure storage?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Indigo unable to connect to marketplace [message #688392 is a reply to message #687981] Fri, 24 June 2011 15:56 Go to previous message
Michael Giroux is currently offline Michael GirouxFriend
Problem resolved. A closer look at the proxy settings showed that I needed to clear the proxy setting for SOCKS protocol. My Helios config only configures proxy for HTTP, and HTTPS. Once I cleared the proxy from the SOCKS protocol, I was able to connect to marketplace and install plugins.
Previous Topic:RCP Context Sensitive Help Question
Next Topic:Enabling Cheat Sheet Editor in an RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:20:53 GMT 2024