Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » No data available for display in Memory Analysis(No data available for display in Memory Analysis. Attached to Agent Controller on remote JBoss.)
No data available for display in Memory Analysis [message #684341] Wed, 15 June 2011 09:06 Go to next message
DF  is currently offline DF
I have a remote JBoss that is started with the additional parameter
-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;HeapProf:allocsites=true

The remote system runs Linux, has JRE6 and TPTP Agent Controller 4.7.2.
My dev environment is a WinXP with Eclipse 3.5.2 and TPTP 4.5.0.

Execution time analysis works great but all views for memory analysis give me:
No data is available for display.
Either you have no trace selected in the Profiling Monitor view or the current selection does not contain the type of data this view can display.

Note:
Populate the view by selecting an item in the Profiling Monitor view which contains data that can be represented by this type of view.
Use the Profile action from Profiling perspective to generate a trace, or import an existing trace into the workspace.

The only thing I can do, is log to a file, detach from agent and import the file for viewing. This, of course, does not allow me to profile the heap at runtime.

I also tried to do a memory profile on a small 'Hello world' type standard Java application. This didn't work either.

How can I get the views of memory profiling to show me the data at runtime?
Re: No data available for display in Memory Analysis [message #684890 is a reply to message #684341] Thu, 16 June 2011 08:46 Go to previous message
DF  is currently offline DF
UPDATE:

I forgot to mention that 'events processed' at the bottom status line stays at zero.
In the mean time, i cannot profile anything any more, even CGProf doesn't work any more. Tried several things from reinstalling the TPTP plugin and restarting to rebooting, manually installing TPTP, ... I think my workbench is a bit polluted.

Does anyone know of a good way to completely remove TPTP and reinstall it?
Previous Topic:thread analyser doesn't scroll from right to left
Next Topic:determine line coverage after running recorded test for plugin UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 20 08:43:25 EDT 2014