Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Publishing unpacks EAR dependency JARs *every time*(When publishing a change to main EAR sub-project content, all EAR library jars (log4j, dom4j, etc.) are recopied/unpacked every time)
Publishing unpacks EAR dependency JARs *every time* [message #684010] Tue, 14 June 2011 21:04
Andy Hoffman is currently offline Andy HoffmanFriend
Hopefully I just have some setting incorrect in my project or WST server publishing settings in Helios SR2 (3.6.2) with WTP 3.2.4....

I have an EAR project which consists of one EJB module and one WAR module. The main EAR project has a bunch of library JARs which are used by the EJB and WAR modules - things like log4j, dom4j, hibernate, etc.

When I first publish the EAR to my server (Weblogic 8.1, publishing to a workspace wst metadata "tmp" folder), all of the library JARs get unpacked into folders with names matching the JAR files themselves. However, with the number/size of the libraries, this can take a couple minutes to complete.

Then, on subsequent publishing (when a change is made to a class in the EJB project, for instance), the WHOLE EAR is re-deploying, including all of the library JAR files being RE-unpacked. It seems as though the publishing "delta" is not being considered at all in my case - it's redeploying everything, not just what changed.

Any recommendations on what to look for to at least get the library JAR resources *not* to redeploy every time?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2011 21:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Apache 7.0 Installation with Eclipse
Next Topic:Using jflex to generate the xml grammars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:39:21 GMT 2024