Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Is a fixed height view possible?(I want the other views to take up the available space)
Is a fixed height view possible? [message #683617] Tue, 14 June 2011 05:23 Go to next message
SBS  is currently offline SBS
Is it possible to have a view with a fixed height? I have a search field that lives in its own view and it looks silly to be able to resize the height of this view as it only contains the one field. Ideally I'd like to fix the height and then other surrounding views would automatically fill up the available space.

Thanks,

-sbs
Re: Is a fixed height view possible? [message #685396 is a reply to message #683617] Fri, 17 June 2011 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur Kronenberg
Hi,

I have not heard of a fixed size eclipse view. Additionally this does not really make sense for eclipse.

I'd look into the contributions for the status line.

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/jface/action/IContributionItem.html

You might be able to put your search field in there. That way you can decide how to re-size your search field.

The more eclipse conform way to do this search of yours would be to contribute to the search menu of eclipse (CTRL + H).

Kind regards,

-- artur

p.s. you might wanna have this message moved to RCP/Plug-In development news group
Re: Is a fixed height view possible? [message #706788 is a reply to message #685396] Sun, 31 July 2011 22:08 Go to previous message
Johan Schulz is currently offline Johan Schulz
Their is a solution. Just let your ViewPart implement ISizeProvider then you can set the size like in SWT.MeasureItem listeners.

Regards
Johan
Previous Topic:Cell editor activation with keypress
Next Topic:Binding to JFace Vierer's Filter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 26 06:03:44 GMT 2014