Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Faceted Project Framework » Questions related to org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets extension point
Questions related to org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets extension point [message #682223] Fri, 10 June 2011 16:38 Go to next message
Musa  is currently offline Musa Friend
Hello!

I was recently using the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets extension point in Eclipse Helios. I noticed that I can add a "preset" element as a child element of the "extension point" element. I can also add a "preset" element as a child element of a "template" element of this extension point.

According to the documentation of the extension point, the "preset" element child of the "extension point" element is deprecated, but when I try to use the "preset" element inside the "template" element it shows deprecated warnings too, but it does not says anything about it in the documentation. My question is, are both ways of using the "preset" element deprecated?.

If so, what would be appropriate way to be able to specify a set of fixed project facets and a set of project facet versions in a plugin.xml file? Currently, I am using a facet template to specify a set of fixed project facets, which also points (using the preset element) to a preset that specifies a set of project facet with their versions.

The preset is defined using the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.presets extension point.

Thanks!
Re: Questions related to org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets extension point [message #682325 is a reply to message #682223] Fri, 10 June 2011 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
The template concept in its entirety is deprecated. The modern alternative is to hardcode the fixed facets in your subclass of faceted project wizard and then use user's selection of a target runtime to drive initial selection of facets and versions (default facets).

You can also define additional presents (the default configuration that pulls in default runtime facets is a built-in preset). There is separate/new extension point for presets in the same plugin namespace.

- Konstantin
Re: Questions related to org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets extension point [message #682601 is a reply to message #682325] Sat, 11 June 2011 15:42 Go to previous message
Musa  is currently offline Musa Friend
Thanks a lot for that information Konstantin.

Best Regards
Musa
Previous Topic:How to make a facet fixed for a runtime?
Next Topic:Adding a listener to the web.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:45:05 GMT 2024