Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Objectteams » Cap and Gown for Object Teams
Cap and Gown for Object Teams [message #681805] Thu, 09 June 2011 21:57 Go to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Yesterday we were still in our little egg - with Mama Eclipse breeding over us. But now incubation has come to an end and with a big leap forward the Object Teams Project has graduated! Raise your glasses, cheers!!

By declaring the review successful the Eclipse Management Organization certifies that the Object Teams Project is mature in terms of playing by the rules of the Eclipse Development Process, which include criteria like transparency, IP cleanness, collaboration, and all those things you expect from an active member of the Eclipse ecosystem.

I'm proud that we're now a full member of this family.

Specifically the last few days have taught me that maturity has nothing to do with claiming to be free of failures. The Eclipse infrastructure had complete outages (like due to an exploding power supply) -- right on the day of our graduation the Object Teams Forum just mysteriously vaporized -- while building the weekly release candidates for Indigo lots and lots of so far unnoticed problems are unearthed -- in short: shit happens, in all parts of Eclipse land. I guess the point in maturity in this kind of business is how quickly you react to each problem once noticed, to be fast enough in fixing issues so that the big machine is not delayed on its way to Indigo.

And indeed, we have started our descend into Indigo airport (oops, that metaphor doesn't work too well for the release Train) - the bits for the Object Teams contribution are in place, the build server is already cooling down. Time for final testing, attending to web pages and that kind of thing.

Less than 2 weeks to go, stay tuned, and cheers!
Stephan
Re: Cap and Gown for Object Teams [message #909566 is a reply to message #681805] Fri, 07 September 2012 10:41 Go to previous message
jon athan is currently offline jon athanFriend
Information is pretty good and i like this information very much. Thanks for sharing this information with us. Keep it up.
Previous Topic:Please don't install OTDT into a shared Eclipse install
Next Topic:Object Teams at JavaOne!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:14:17 GMT 2024