Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Technology Project and PMC » Update Manager and Proxies
Update Manager and Proxies [message #67759] Mon, 29 August 2005 02:48 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: russell.thamm.dsto.defence.gov.au

I hope this is the correct forum for user questions.

I've just installed Eclipse 3.1 on a machine with Internet Connection,
but I can't get the Update Manager to work.

I've configured the proxy settings (same settings as IE), but I can't
get the Update Manager to work:

Unable to access
"http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.0[java.io.IOException]

Is there something else that I need to do, or is Eclipse incompatible with
our firewall?

thanks
Russell Thamm
Re: Update Manager and Proxies [message #67806 is a reply to message #67759] Mon, 29 August 2005 17:04 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Russell Thamm wrote:
> I hope this is the correct forum for user questions.

Nope. Try eclipse.platform.

Bob

> I've just installed Eclipse 3.1 on a machine with Internet Connection,
> but I can't get the Update Manager to work.
>
> I've configured the proxy settings (same settings as IE), but I can't
> get the Update Manager to work:
>
> Unable to access
> "http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.0[java.io.IOException]
>
> Is there something else that I need to do, or is Eclipse incompatible
> with our firewall?
>
> thanks
> Russell Thamm
>
Re: Update Manager and Proxies [message #598937 is a reply to message #67759] Mon, 29 August 2005 17:04 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bob.objfac.com

Russell Thamm wrote:
> I hope this is the correct forum for user questions.

Nope. Try eclipse.platform.

Bob

> I've just installed Eclipse 3.1 on a machine with Internet Connection,
> but I can't get the Update Manager to work.
>
> I've configured the proxy settings (same settings as IE), but I can't
> get the Update Manager to work:
>
> Unable to access
> "http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.0[java.io.IOException]
>
> Is there something else that I need to do, or is Eclipse incompatible
> with our firewall?
>
> thanks
> Russell Thamm
>
Previous Topic:Recommended Reading
Next Topic:Open URL in project (Browser)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 15:20:51 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02046 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software