Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » WebStart with Scout(WebStart with Scout)
WebStart with Scout [message #677528] Wed, 08 June 2011 18:26 Go to next message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I saw the demos on how Scout was deployed. Is there a built in way to deploy the client via webstart? Like how the zip client is packaged with the war.
(fyi, I googled, check the FAQ, wiki and forum before i asked)
Re: WebStart with Scout [message #683829 is a reply to message #677528] Tue, 14 June 2011 13:31 Go to previous message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
>> (fyi, I googled, check the FAQ, wiki and forum before i asked)
Thanks for your post, i would also have answered if you asked directly:)

Basically a scout application is no different from other eclipse rcp swt/swing apps.
Therefore you may follow the steps at http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/java_web_start.htm

1. Create a feature containing all plugins of your application and export that feature with the "webstart" checkbox enabled in the export wizard. Also enabled the "sign jars" checkbox and use a keystore containing for example a self-signed certificate.
This will then also create a *.jnlp file that has the same name as the feature and is in the feature folder (must be unpacked).
Note that the new feature wizard allows to give it an existing product config and it will use that plugin list.

2. create the top-level main jnlp file with a reference to the eclipse launch plugin (dont forget that one in the feature).

3. for every entry in your app's config.ini file add a
<property name="..." value="..."/> to the jnlp.
For excample:
<property name="eclipse.product" value="com.bsiag.crm.ui.swing.core.product"/>

Now you are done. For simple testing i normally use a file url so i do not have to setup an app server.
For example:
file:/C:/dev/myproject/webstart-export/features/mail.jnlp

Previous Topic:Enable validation of keys typed in AbstractStringField
Next Topic:NullPointerException when connecting to http://localhost/TutorialMiniCrm/process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 21 04:49:32 GMT 2014