Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Customize command "Initialize XXX model diagram" => Don't arrange everything horizontal(Horizontal and vertical arrangements in generated diagram files.)
icon5.gif  Customize command "Initialize XXX model diagram" => Don't arrange everything horizontal [message #677459] Wed, 08 June 2011 15:16 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I have the following problem:
A diagram contains packages which itself contain multiple classes and interfaces. If I initialize the diagram file via "Initialize XXX model diagram" all elements are arranged in one long horizontal line.

What I want is to arrange packages horizontal, but the contained classes and interface in a package vertical. (Maybe it will be nice to have one vertical list for the classes and a second one for interfaces next to this.)

Can anybody please tell me how to implement this behavior?

Thanks.
Re: Customize command "Initialize XXX model diagram" => Don't arrange everything horizo [message #684198 is a reply to message #677459] Wed, 15 June 2011 08:08 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I tried to register the TopDownProvider via extension point org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.layoutProviders.
But the class only calls the super method and the result is exactly the same. I also tried to overwrite "layoutTopDown", but the method is never called.
I found out that in "layoutEditParts" the call of "createGraphLayout().visit(g);" relayout everything.

Can anybody help me please.

How can I arrange my diagram nodes in a top down fashion?
Previous Topic:Hiding and unhiding elements / editparts
Next Topic:False start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:58:02 GMT 2024