Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » MDD or CMD which to select ?
MDD or CMD which to select ? [message #677385] Wed, 08 June 2011 11:35 Go to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
Messages: 546
Registered: July 2009
Location: Milton Keynes - UK
Senior Member
I was reading a post at: http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/81674/do-you-create-a-design-with-uml-before-you-start which is very interesting.

MDD means Model Driven Development while CMD means Code Model Development.
Which one would you select for your next UML project ?
(no subject) [message #677508 is a reply to message #677385] Wed, 08 June 2011 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26285
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Vlad,

This newsgroup is intended for asking questions about Eclipse's
implementation of the UML2 standard. It's not intended as a platform
for you to post your personal fun discussion topic of the day.


Vlad Varnica wrote:
> I was reading a post at:
> http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/81674/do-you-create-a-design-with-uml-before-you-start
> which is very interesting.
>
> MDD means Model Driven Development while CMD means Code Model
> Development. Which one would you select for your next UML project ?
Re: (no subject) [message #677733 is a reply to message #677508] Thu, 09 June 2011 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
Messages: 546
Registered: July 2009
Location: Milton Keynes - UK
Senior Member
Ed,

Having said that what next ?
I think that first we need to collect customers needs and then produce a software implementation of the UML2 standard within Eclipse.
We are still for me in the early stage today because this job has never been done. It is therefore important to talk about what users really need and then launch a new open source project which would replace the old one Smile
Re: (no subject) [message #681708 is a reply to message #677733] Thu, 09 June 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26285
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Vlad,

Comments below.

Vlad Varnica wrote:
> Ed,
>
> Having said that what next ?
> I think that first we need to collect customers needs
By "we" you are suggesting whom exactly? Keep in mind that it's open
source. There are no customers.
> and then produce a software implementation of the UML2 standard within
> Eclipse.
The OMG standardizes UML and, as you well know, we already have an
implementation that standard at Eclipse.
> We are still for me
I'm glad you say for "me" because you seem to have gone way out on a
tangent here.
> in the early stage today because this job has never been done.
You're so far out in left field now that you're not in the same ballpark
as the rest of us...
> It is therefore important to talk about what users really need
I'd suggest you go out and talk to them, provide them what they really
need, and make some money. That will keep you busy and your pockets full.
> and then launch a new open source project which would replace the old
> one :)
But you don't like open source. It's killing your business. So you'll
never do this and if someone else did, you'd complain about it.
Re: (no subject) [message #681771 is a reply to message #681708] Thu, 09 June 2011 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
Messages: 546
Registered: July 2009
Location: Milton Keynes - UK
Senior Member
.........................

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2011 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: (no subject) [message #681788 is a reply to message #681771] Thu, 09 June 2011 20:53 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26285
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Vlad,

In my experience, any time someone starts a sentence with "I'm sorry to
say" they're never even the tiniest bit sorry.


Vlad Varnica wrote:
> I am sorry to say Ed but your last post is pathetic !!
Previous Topic:Should UML be MDD or agile ?
Next Topic:Should we immediately create inheritances at modeling stage ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 04:02:22 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.08493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software