Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BPMN Modeler » Select TaskType
Select TaskType [message #6003] Sat, 24 January 2009 15:30 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.gebhart.googlemail.com

Hi,

when will it be possible to select the tasktype of a task within the
BPMN modeler? Currently only tasks are created. But I'd like to select
if it is a receive/reply etc. task. Is it planned to support this feature?

Greetings

Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #6855 is a reply to message #6003] Sat, 24 January 2009 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

In BPMN an activity is a receive when it's receiving a messaging edge,
and a reply when it's sending one.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Antoine

Michael Gebhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when will it be possible to select the tasktype of a task within the
> BPMN modeler? Currently only tasks are created. But I'd like to select
> if it is a receive/reply etc. task. Is it planned to support this feature?
>
> Greetings
>
> Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #6877 is a reply to message #6855] Mon, 26 January 2009 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.gebhart.googlemail.com

Hi Antoine,

I thought the TaskType should be selected, because a lot of tools allow
to select the type of a task. Even with STP the type can be selected by
dragging the different types from the intermediateModel view to the bpmn
diagram.

So, in your opinion it is not necessary to select the tasktype? But why
is it done that way in STP?

Greetings

Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #6897 is a reply to message #6877] Mon, 26 January 2009 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Michael Gebhart wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> I thought the TaskType should be selected, because a lot of tools allow
> to select the type of a task. Even with STP the type can be selected by
> dragging the different types from the intermediateModel view to the bpmn
> diagram.
>
> So, in your opinion it is not necessary to select the tasktype? But why
> is it done that way in STP?
BPMN is meant for process choregraphy. It uses messages to represent the
relations and the message exchanges between processes, with one process
being one pool.

Workflow representations are using only one pool. There is no
choregraphy going on, so you need to say explicitly that you receive a
message or send one.

Since STP-IM is supposed to both work with workflow languages and BPMN,
I suppose it uses that.

Thanks,

Antoine
Re: Select TaskType [message #6993 is a reply to message #6897] Tue, 27 January 2009 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.gebhart.googlemail.com

Hi Antoine,

but in the BPMN specification also user tasks can be selected. Thus, it
would be nice to select if a current task is a normal invoke or user
task. How could this be distinguished in STP BPMN modeler at the moment?

Greetings

Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #7017 is a reply to message #6993] Tue, 27 January 2009 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Michael Gebhart wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> but in the BPMN specification also user tasks can be selected. Thus, it
> would be nice to select if a current task is a normal invoke or user
> task. How could this be distinguished in STP BPMN modeler at the moment?
What version of the specification are you referring to ?
>
> Greetings
>
> Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #7040 is a reply to message #7017] Tue, 27 January 2009 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.gebhart.googlemail.com

Hi,

Version 1.1

http://www.omg.org/docs/formal/08-01-17.pdf

Greetings

Mike
Re: Select TaskType [message #7085 is a reply to message #7040] Thu, 29 January 2009 16:59 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

It sounds like version 1.2 got quietly out a few days ago.

This property is not graphical ; when we started we made it plain that
we were primarily looking for a modeler respecting the graphical
notation of BPMN.

This property, as many others defined in the spec, may be supported
through the annotation system. Basically, any task may be annotated.

Thanks,

Antoine
Previous Topic:Babel translation
Next Topic:Subprocess
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 14:33:41 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03745 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software