Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Modeling (top-level project) » [Teneo] MySQL does not create new tables on init(I have Teneo set to update schema and hibernate DDL update to atuo and tables don't get updated)
[Teneo] MySQL does not create new tables on init [message #676147] Fri, 03 June 2011 01:29 Go to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend

Hi,
First off sorry if I did not post in the right topic I did not see a topic for Teneo. I'm having an interesting problem in my old dev machine I was able to use MySQL as a db db store for EMF/Teneo and was able to get the tables added into the DB via hibernate schema update but on my new machine and a second I can not. I've looked at the docs I have made sure that the hibernate property is set to create and still no luck when running MySQL I was able to run sucessfully on HSQL but have not tried another database, does anyone know what might be causing this issue where MySQL tables are not getting created? Thanks! - Duncan
Re: [Teneo] MySQL does not create new tables on init [message #676164 is a reply to message #676147] Fri, 03 June 2011 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Duncan,

Comments below.

Duncan Krebs wrote:
> Hi, First off sorry if I did not post in the right topic I did not see
> a topic for Teneo.
In the future, use eclipse.tools.emf.
> I'm having an interesting problem in my old dev machine I was able to
> use MySQL as a db db store for EMF/Teneo and was able to get the
> tables added into the DB via hibernate schema update but on my new
> machine and a second I can not. I've looked at the docs I have made
> sure that the hibernate property is set to create and still no luck
> when running MySQL I was able to run sucessfully on HSQL but have not
> tried another database, does anyone know what might be causing this
> issue where MySQL tables are not getting created? Thanks! - Duncan
Martin usually has good ideas. I've added eclipse.tools.emf to the "to"
list of the reply, so please monitor the eclipse.tools.emf
forum/newsgroup and follow up there.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [Teneo] MySQL does not create new tables on init [message #676315 is a reply to message #676164] Fri, 03 June 2011 16:02 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Duncan,
The only reason I can think of is that the model uses some reserved word from mysql (although this should work fine
normally as Teneo will quote names). Hibernate should show some error in the log, note that Hibernate will not stop if
schema creation fails, it will happily continue, but you should see a log statement somewhere in the beginning.

gr. Martin

On 06/03/2011 06:39 AM, Ed Merks wrote:
> Duncan,
>
> Comments below.
>
> Duncan Krebs wrote:
>> Hi, First off sorry if I did not post in the right topic I did not see a topic for Teneo.
> In the future, use eclipse.tools.emf.
>> I'm having an interesting problem in my old dev machine I was able to use MySQL as a db db store for EMF/Teneo and was
>> able to get the tables added into the DB via hibernate schema update but on my new machine and a second I can not.
>> I've looked at the docs I have made sure that the hibernate property is set to create and still no luck when running
>> MySQL I was able to run sucessfully on HSQL but have not tried another database, does anyone know what might be
>> causing this issue where MySQL tables are not getting created? Thanks! - Duncan
> Martin usually has good ideas. I've added eclipse.tools.emf to the "to" list of the reply, so please monitor the
> eclipse.tools.emf forum/newsgroup and follow up there.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:EModelElement does not extend EObject anymore
Next Topic:How to merge distributed model data? (ecore+xmi)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:32:59 GMT 2024