Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Pulsar » Helios release has problems with Motorola SDK -- Galileo OK?
Helios release has problems with Motorola SDK -- Galileo OK? [message #673875] Wed, 25 May 2011 02:56
Andrew  is currently offline Andrew Friend
I've successfully used the Helios SR1 Windows release of Pulsar (eclipse-pulsar-helios-SR1-win32.zip) to develop a few test applications based on the MOTODEV 3.0 Plug-in (Motorola). No problems at all with build or device emulation. However, I ran into a strange problem trying to get an app loaded on my phone via USB cable (from Windows 32-bit computer).

The instructions provided by Motorola were very simple, but what I saw in Eclipse did not match the documentation. Motorola claimed that I would be able to open a "MOTODEV Studio for Java ME" view from the Eclipse "Show View" menu, and from that I would be able to launch their "Config Tool." But I could not find anything resembling this menu choice anywhere in Eclipse -- certainly not in the "Show View" menu. (To be clear, the Eclipse "Mobile SDKs" view confirms that the MOTODEV SDK is installed -- this isn't something I forgot to do.) I should also note that Help Topics specific to the MOTODEV SDK seem to be missing from the Eclipse Help

After a lot of painful guessing, I tried the process with an older Pulsar release -- Galileo SR2. Incredibly, everything worked beautifully on the first try. I tried again with the new SR2 Helios release -- I observed the same "broken" behavior as with SR1.

I can't get a response from Motorola on this issue, so I hope that maybe someone here will know what is going on. My fall back is to use the Galileo release, but if this is a bug, I hope it will get fixed in the next release. If it's just a case of the UI changing in the Helios release, could someone please tell me where to look?

Thanks,
Andrew
Previous Topic:No "MIDlet Project" in New menu
Next Topic:Java Wireless Kit/Sony Ericsson SDK Errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:09:29 GMT 2024