Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Update Site manage Dependencies
Update Site manage Dependencies [message #671619] Wed, 18 May 2011 09:50
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur Kronenberg
Hi,

I created a project consisting of 7 plugins. Now I want to create an update site to deploy my plugins on a various number of machines on different linux distributions.

This should not be a problem for the most part, since they use the eclipse bundles for their UI and most different functionality is added by libs in the libs folder of my plugins. However, one plugin is using bundles from the JEE distribution to imlpement a web-service. This is where my problem comes in.

When I create my feature project I can compute the dependencies. If I make my update site from that, the update site doesn't work. The error message tells me that some dependencies could not be resolved.

How do I find out what features I depend on so I can put all those features in? Is there a trick on how to do this?

The update should work no matter if I use a RCP/RAP eclipse version or the JEE version. It seems to not be enough to just add those 3 or 4 bundles I depend on..

Can someone give me a hint on how to correctly do this?

EDIT:

Also, the whole update, even though it is on my local file system at the moment, takes a long time ( like 5 to 10 minutes ) which is odd I think. Maybe someone knows something about that?

Kind regards,

-- artur

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Exposing packages from a jar inside a plug-in
Next Topic:Properties view for swt browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 21:37:44 EDT 2014