Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Class diagram observations(Can anyone confirm?)
Class diagram observations [message #671333] Tue, 17 May 2011 14:43 Go to next message
Steve Blackwell is currently offline Steve BlackwellFriend
Here are some more observations and possible bugs I have found when using the class diagrams. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the Papyrus persective open with the Properties view below the class diagram.
Initially "<Model> model" is shown in the Properties view.

I created a new class in a blank diagram and dropped a couple of properties into the AttributeComnpartment so I have Property0, Property1 and Property2 in order.

As I said in an earlier post I cannot type in the Edit Label otherwise Eclipse locks up so I need to use the Property editor. So I left click on the class which bolds the outline and then right click to bring up the context menu and select "Show Properties View". Nothing happens. This might be expected since the Properties view is already displayed but if that is true, then the class properties should be displayed as soon as I select it. Now if I left click on the diagram background, the class properties are displayed. Since I cannot find any documentation, I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work but the way it is now is not intuitive.

Now that I have the class properties displayed, I go to the OwnedAttribute window, select Property2 and click the edit button. This brings up a dialog improperly titled "Create a new Element". I change the attribute name to abc and click OK. (As an aside, the Cancel but is greyed out. Why?) The dialog disappears and the attribute name is changed in the diagram but it still has the original name in the Properties view.

Now I use the up arrow in the OwnedAttribute window to move Property2 (which should be called abc) to the top of the list. Each click of the button moves Property2 up the list 1 place but the attributes in the class diagram never move. When Property2 is moved up the fist time its name changes to abc.

There appears to be some basic update problem.
This is using v0.8.0 of Papyrus with Eclipse SDK3.7.0 on a Windows Vista platform.
Re: Class diagram observations [message #672325 is a reply to message #671333] Fri, 20 May 2011 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
The property are completely regeenrated so normaly bugs that you have add has to be fixed.
But for this use case:
Quote:
I created a new class in a blank diagram and dropped a couple of properties into the AttributeComnpartment so I have Property0, Property1 and Property2 in order.

As I said in an earlier post I cannot type in the Edit Label otherwise Eclipse locks up so I need to use the Property editor. So I left click on the class which bolds the outline and then right click to bring up the context menu and select "Show Properties View". Nothing happens. This might be expected since the Properties view is already displayed but if that is true, then the class properties should be displayed as soon as I select it. Now if I left click on the diagram background, the class properties are displayed. Since I cannot find any documentation, I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work but the way it is now is not intuitive.

It seems that a service of papyrus is not launched. I have verified in my laptop with the last source code and it seems running now. I
Re: Class diagram observations [message #673491 is a reply to message #672325] Mon, 23 May 2011 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
> It seems that a service of papyrus is not launched. I have verified in my laptop with the last source code and it seems running now.

Any idea which Papyrus service might not be running and is how do I know which ones are supposed to be running? When you say Papyrus service, is this a Windows service that I can see from the Task Manager?

This problem is repeatable for me.

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Class diagram observations [message #673593 is a reply to message #673491] Tue, 24 May 2011 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the concept of service into Papyrus. The backboen provides a set of service in order to display diagram or modify model.
Re: Class diagram observations [message #673701 is a reply to message #673593] Tue, 24 May 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry Patrick, I don't understand what you are saying.

Since no one else is having this problem, there must be something wrong with my setup. I installed the Eclipse SDK and the used it to install Papyrus. I need some help to diagnose this problem.
Re: Class diagram observations [message #675077 is a reply to message #673701] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:44 Go to previous message
No, there is no problem in your set up. I think that you need to update the version, the property view must ber more stable.
Previous Topic:Update problems
Next Topic:Error during save
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:37:48 GMT 2024