Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » any way to get Presence from participant ID(any way to get Presence from participant ID in a chat room)
any way to get Presence from participant ID [message #671147] Mon, 16 May 2011 21:49 Go to next message
peter  is currently offline peter Friend
I have a question about getting Presence of every participant in a chat room. Is that any way for me to use participantIDs, which is from ID[] participantIDs = getChatRoomParticipants(), to get the Presence of every participant in the chat room?
Re: any way to get Presence from participant ID [message #671745 is a reply to message #671147] Wed, 18 May 2011 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
peter wrote on Mon, 16 May 2011 17:49
I have a question about getting Presence of every participant in a chat room. Is that any way for me to use participantIDs, which is from ID[] participantIDs = getChatRoomParticipants(), to get the Presence of every participant in the chat room?

One way to do this would be to call IChatRoomContainer.addChatRoomParticipantListener, and then when participants come and go from a chat room/irc channel, your listener impl will be notified about the user's presence.

Also...I think WRT chat rooms participants...i.e. the result of getChatRoomParticipants(), they are all guaranteed to have a Presence of available.

Re: any way to get Presence from participant ID [message #672113 is a reply to message #671745] Thu, 19 May 2011 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, that helps!
Re: any way to get Presence from participant ID [message #672465 is a reply to message #672113] Sat, 21 May 2011 06:56 Go to previous message
When I call the following:
IPresence presence = new Presence(IPresence.Type.AVAILABLE, status, IPresence.Mode.DND); presenceSender.sendPresenceUpdate(null, presence);
my handlePresenceUpdated(ID fromID, IPresence presence) gets called, but it doesn't provide correct presence result, such as mode and status in that presence.

I cannot figure out what is wrong.
Previous Topic:ECF 3.5.1 released
Next Topic:ECF 3.5 on Eclipse 3.7 (Starting ecftcp server)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:15:44 GMT 2024