Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to identify top node references in GMF editors
How to identify top node references in GMF editors [message #670872] Mon, 16 May 2011 01:51
pavithra Missing name is currently offline pavithra Missing nameFriend
I'm developing a graphical editor using Eclipse GMF.The model is developed from a xml schema.

According to the schema A,B,C,D elements are included in element E and E is included in element F.I have map F for the canvas in model declarations.

I want all A,B,C,D,E to be displayed in the pallet and only E should be able to draw on canvas. A,B,C,D should be able to draw only inside E.

I'm getting errors when I try to develop editor from this schema. The elements A,B,C,D,E are not displayed correctly in the pallet.

Isn't it possible to consider A,B,C,D as top nodes references? If "E" is the only top node, how am I supposed to represent A,B,C,D in the pallet?

To get the necessary functionality, I need to change the schema. But I don't want to do it as I need to save designs in XML according to that schema.
Previous Topic:Access to Problems view
Next Topic:reuse of the diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:01:01 GMT 2024