Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » .xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found (no main.out.xml to delete)
.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found (no main.out.xml to delete) [message #669859] Wed, 11 May 2011 20:38
Sid  is currently offline Sid Friend
Hello!

I'm currently working on developing an Android application, and today I wanted to create a new form, so I created a new XML file in res\layout. After playing with this new form for awhile, I decided to start over, so I right clicked the XML file and deleted it. (I don't believe I ever tried to run the emulator, but I may have.)

Now when I try to create a new .xml, I get an error saying:

Error in an XML file: aborting build.
(skipping index file '..\workspace\MyProject\res\drawable\Thumbs.db')
..\workspace\MyProject\res\layout\tempxmlfile.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found

where tempxmlfile.xml is whatever I name the XML file.

As a clarification, I am not using caps in the file name, and there are no .out.xml files anywhere in the project to delete.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried cleaning, both before and after I add the XML files, to no avail. If I remove the XML files, there are no errors, but as soon as I add one back, they reappear immediately.

Thanks ahead of time for any help,

Sid
Previous Topic:Windows 7 Remote Java Application problem
Next Topic:Error highlight
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:04:24 GMT 2024