Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » How to get created report document from SWT Browser?(Get created document from BIRT's web viewer and write it to a file)
icon4.gif  How to get created report document from SWT Browser? [message #669532] Tue, 10 May 2011 15:41
Sascha Becher is currently offline Sascha BecherFriend
I have created an RCP application (Java) with BIRT reporting running on a server. The client app uses the SWT browser to show BIRT's web viewer (servlet: run / frameset). This is required since some of the reports have parameters. It seems the only way to display these parameter dialogs. After the user has selected the output format (i.e. pdf), the document gets created and the default "Save as" dialog of the Internet Explorer (inside the SWT browser) is shown. Instead I'd like to retrieve the document as a stream and save it to a file with the RCP application. If the report doesn't have any parameters, this is easy. But I need those parameter dialogs of the web viewer, which takes away control over the stream. Do you have any ideas how to solve this?
Previous Topic:Double sided printing of multiple reports?
Next Topic:BIRT calling dynamic datasource multiple times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 27 14:54:35 GMT 2014