Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » auto-complete and call-hierarchy functions
auto-complete and call-hierarchy functions [message #668514] Thu, 05 May 2011 20:41
arian  is currently offline arian
Do these things work with PDT? They worked beautifully in Java but it seems this functionality is lacking when doing things in PHP. It seems to work partway. Basically it'll complete things within the same file and I'd be able to step into (ctrl+click) things in the same file but it won't autocomplete anything I reference in another file. Furthermore it won't let me step in (far more important to me then autocomplete). For example, trying to reference $size will autocomplete as size was defined in the current file. However, if I try and do something like $this->info I won't be able to see info.

This is a problem for me as I'm currently trying to understand a very very large project and not being able to see call hierarchy will make it a lot harder...

I'm wondering if these are known issues or if there is something wrong with my setup?
Previous Topic:Path Mapping - PHP Servers
Next Topic:Syntax highlighting for php files without extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 24 01:55:22 EDT 2014