Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » TableViewer - How to force a table column / cell selection when the table widget is loaded(Force a table column/cell selection during intialization of the table widget and also later when the table data is modified)
TableViewer - How to force a table column / cell selection when the table widget is loaded [message #668269] Wed, 04 May 2011 18:31
Pavan K Immaneni is currently offline Pavan K ImmaneniFriend
Implementing a new table widget with 2 rows and 80 columns. I need to implement full cell navigation and editing support for these table columns.

I started by looking at the snippet Snippet059CellNavigationIn33
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.jface. snippets/Eclipse%20JFace%20Snippets/org/eclipse/jface/snippe ts/viewers/Snippet059CellNavigationIn33.java?view=markup

Even by running the above snippet, I see that the selection is not set or focus on the table column. When the table widget comes up I do have to hit the down arrow for the selection to be visible on the row 2 - column 1 or I have to hit Enter when the table widget comes up first and then the item in row 1 - column 1 is put into edit mode. But I would like to make the selection visible (lets say I would like to either show selection on row 1 - column 1 or make the cell row 2 - column 2 in edit mode) right away when the table widget is brought up.

Is that possible at all ? Any ideas ?
Previous Topic:how on earth do i bind comboVIewer to CellEditor?
Next Topic:Table Viewer - Selecting F2 on the key board does not put the cell into edit mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:15:20 GMT 2024